
We were lucky enough to visit Claire and Dustin in New York City this past week. I have been dying to go there and it was more than I expected. We had so much fun! They live on the corner of Broadway and Wall Street, right in the middle of all the craziness! It was so fun to be able to stay right in the thick of things. We drove our car here which is about an 8 hour drive and left it in a parking garage that was completely over priced (most things in NY are). We almost died trying to maneuver our way to their front steps to unload our luggage!! Good thing Justin was driving because I would have freaked out. No one pays attention, they just go. And I'm sure they had no sympathy seeing our Idaho license plates!!

Our first day we went to the Manhattan temple. Claire was nice enough to watch Jack for us. It was different than any temple we have ever been to. You have to take the subway there and it is on a super busy intersection. It is so noisy and busy outside and then you come into the temple and it is completely quiet and peaceful. It really gives you the perfect escape from the busy city life you can't find anywhere else. It was the most beautiful temple I have ever seen inside. We have been lucky to go to quite a few different temples out here and this one was so different. The detail and the way they decorated it was gorgeous.
We met Dustin for lunch and ate at the Grand Central Station. It made us think of the movie Madagascar where they escape from the Central Park Zoo and try to get on a train at Grand Central Station. It was beautiful inside.
Then we went to the top of the Rockefeller Center. You could see all of New York! The city is much larger than I even imagined. It's like you are in a completely different world...so fun!

This is the view from on top of their apartment building. The big empty spot in the sky is where the World Trade Center would have been. It is crazy to think about that day and what happened while you are looking at the exact spot they would be standing. I am glad Claire and Dustin didn't live here at that time. They live only a couple of blocks away.
Time Square....that place is crazy! There are so many people and huge advertisements everywhere. We walked past the set of Good Morning America, The Today Show and the NBC studios.
Jack was not feeling good and had a fever the first day we were there. This is pretty much what he looked like all day. All he wanted to do was lay on your shoulder which Justin was loving. This is the only time he will just sit and cuddle with you. I felt so bad for him. Luckily he felt much better the next day and he was much happier.
We walked across the Brooklyn bridge. This was one of our favorite things that we did. This is the view of New York from the pier on the other side.



Jack was just loving being able to be out of the stroller and walk around. We were so busy going and doing and seeing that he didn't get to get out and play around much.




Ground Zero.
Dustin was so good with Jack! He held him and pushed him and carried his stroller up and down the stairs to the subway all weekend long. It was a nice break for us and good practice for him! :)









19 comments:
Stacy.. You are so dang cute and so is your family. I remember going to New York, I absolutely loved it, and of course we took a picture with the bull!! Looks like you had fun. :)
I swear everyone I know has taken a trip to NYC this year and now you got to join that list! I'm SOOO jealous because I've been dying to go here SOO bad! One of these days we'll get out there...Looks like Jack is growing in some pretty blonde hair! I LOVE bleach blonde hair on kids!
It looks like you had a ton of fun! I love NYC! Someday we will make it back there again! We are going to Washington in a week and a half! You should go home and visit... :)
Okay remember when we took that last picture infront of Ann Taylor Loft and I said that we probably looked "doody dah" next to the beautiful model in the window! haha. Well I finally realized what I was trying to say. I meant to say "Fuddy Duddy". Haha
Thanks again for coming and visiting us. I'm so glad you liked the city and had a great time. It's too quiet around here now with you guys gone. We don't know what to do with ourselves.
PS I have all those pictures at Central Park that I need to email you since your camera was dead. I'll get on that.
I want to go there soooooooooooo bad. I hope we can go soon. By the way I love your hair curley. It was so cute. Of course you always look cute though.
Love seeing all the pictures it looks like you all had a lot of fun. I think we have similar pictures in those same locations. New York sure is a fun place to visit that would be even more fun where your friends live right in the middle of everything. Glad that Jack was able to get feeling better I can sympathize with him everytime we go I am sick as well. Looks like fun! By the way I love your hair blonde as well. :)
Yay! I have been waiting anxiously for you to post your pictures. It looked like you guys had SO much fun. I am glad Claire and Dustin took such good care of you. We wish we could have been there with you so bad!!! You look so cute, as always! I miss ya!!
so fun! I LOVE NY. My mom and sisters and I go at christmas time sometimes every year, or else every other for shopping and stuff. But I'd love to go in the Summer! That is so great that you are taking advantage of living around those places and just going and seeing them!
Not fun when babies are sick though, i'm glad he was feeling better, he is a doll.
What an amazing trip!! It looks like you all had a fun time. I would love to go there one day. You look so adorable in all your pictures, you are such a cutie!
So I was looking at your pics, not paying too much attention, when I got to the one of Jack with the Empire State Building behind him and I gasped for breath... it looks like he's going to fall! And then I noticed the glass behind him, phew! And is Justing growing some hair on his chiny chin chin or am I seeing a shadow? Anyway, looks like you had lots of fun! We're totally the opposite of you, we love staying home and being boring! P.S. I love your hair!
What a fun and memorable trip- I am so jealous!! Little Jack is so sweet. Chad is actually coming to Cleveland July 2nd for a tour & interview at Case. If we get in I'll have to call you and you can give us the scoop on where to live and all the hot spots!! Yea!!
oh my goodness that looked like so much fun! I can't believe all the stuff that you got to see and do, that is a crammed packed vacation, at least you had tour guides so you wouldn't get lost! I bet you were nervous driving into NY, it is probably insane to drive there, nothing compared to even Seattle I bet! Stacey you look so dang cute! I hope I look like you do a year after our baby is born! I also love your hair in your pics, you are the best stylist!!!
what a fun trip!!! i can't tell you how many pictures i have of me standing in the EXACT same places as you guys; too funny! i guess everyone that goes to NY visits the same sights. i was laughing about the part when you guys were driving into the city, i totally know the craziness!!! we were driving through the city with my uncle (they live in jersey but works in the city) and he saw a hotdog stand asked if any one was hungry, put the car in park in the middle of the road; got out and bought some hotdogs!!!! we could not believe it! such cute pictures, i am glad jack was only sick one day. it's awesome that you guys are able to spend the summer touring the east coast (you'll have to do DC next, that was my absolute favorite place, so many fun museums).
ps i love your shirt in the very last picture, really cute.
I am so jealous!! I want to go to NY it looks so fun. Your little family is so cute, Jack is getting so big I think he kinda looks like Scotty. I love the picture of him in the subway on Justin's lap, poor little boy I hope he's filling better.
Hey Stace - So fun!! Looks like you guys had a blast. Jack is so stinking adorable!!
Too much fun!!!! Glad you had a great time! Poor little Jack...I love the pic of him cuddling with Justin...he really looks like he wasn't feeling well...Loved looking at all the pics!!!
Simply fabulous!! What a cool trip!
Looks like you had a great time! You are better at posting lots of pictures than me! Maybe if I did just one event at a time I wouldn't be tired of putting so many pictures up. :) I miss Jack! He's so cute. I want to squeeze him! Give him a big hug for me!
How FUN! I can't beleive we NEVER did that being so close! When we first moved to Cleveland we had all these plans and only actually accomplished a few, we always felt like we had SO MUCH time. That time passes very quickly so good for you for taking advantage, I am jealous!
Post a Comment