Friday, June 13, 2008

Summer fun


Last week we went to Lake Erie with some friends to cool off when it was 95 degrees!! The heat has been pretty bad this past week. Jack was having a great time until we decided to take him to the water.


You know how they say "A picture is worth a thousand words"? Well this one tells it all. He did not want anything to do with the water! It was so funny, and sad because he was sobbing. He would NOT let go of us at all. We tried three separate times and each time we got the same reaction. It probably didn't help that the water was FREEZING. We made him take a little dip a few times to cool off, but other than that, he wouldn't have anything to do with it! We took him to the pool today and he started warming up to the kiddie area. We decided that we need to keep taking him so that he can get used to the water because we both love it! Justin's family is big into boating and I know that Justin will carry on the tradition. You better get used to it Jack!



As soon as he was back on land he felt much better. The funny thing is, he would not leave our blanket. He put his foot on the sand twice to test it out, and never ventured off again...

except when Lucy pulled out the snacks!

13 comments:

Karlee said...

Okay...I don't know who all these weird comments from above came from but I'll give you a comment worth reading! Jack is HILARIOUS! That's so funny that he doesn't like the water! My friend's baby HATES the pool but we found out today that it's because it's sooo cold! We've taken them to a few different pools and the one we went to today was a little bit better temperature wise. It took her a little while to get comfortable but she was LOVING it after awhile! So maybe the water temperature isn't that great just yet! I'm sure he'll get used to it. I think it's hilarious that he wouldn't even leave the blanket! I want to take Boston to the beach to see how he reacts to sand. I wouldn't doubt that we get the same reaction!

Matt, Stephanie and Hayden Berglind said...

His face in the second picture is so sad! Poor little guy...He will learn to love it, I am sure. Especially when he realizes how dang cute he is in those little swim trunks! I miss him so much! (and you and justin...of course!)

ps...did you see my flashback friday? classic!

Ash & Tim said...

That looks like a blast! I am sure that Jack will get used to it and absolutely love it. Looks like things are going well we love looking at the pictures and are glad that you were able to find justin's wedding ring. Looks like fun.

Janelle said...

That face really is priceless.

Ashley Robinson said...

K so Peyton is exactly the same way! when he was little he LOVED the water and it seems like the older he get he hates it more and more! It is such a bummer for us cuz we love water sports too and now it just seems like more work than its worth trying to keep him happy! But maybe one day! ;)

Jessica said...

Too funny!!! That's nice that you have a lake close by. Hopefully it'll warm up here soon so we can go to the splash park. The next time you come this way we need to get together with Ash and take our little kiddies to the park!

Sherwoods said...

His face is priceless, Sad, but priceless. It looks like Lake Erie is pretty nice.

Cassie said...

Oh he is trying so hard in the one picture to not get touched by the water! I don't blame him, being in the water for the first few times is probably so scary to a little baby! It looks like he enjoyed himself much more on his beach towel!!

Shauna said...

Jack is too cute!

Kelly Munns said...

oh my gosh is that an idaho quilt or what? what a sweetie pants. i actually kinda like the feeling you get as a mom when your baby just wants to cling to you. it's sweet. anyway, the shoes....got em at nordstrom. they're puma's if you can't tell. they are comfy, but not much support if you're going to be walking around all day. that doesnt stop me from wearing them, though!

Angie Penrose said...

Man...Justin has the best tan! :)

Kaytlin said...

Wow, Jack is so dang cute. I always new that you guys would have cute babies!! :) I always love looking at the new pictures!

Denisse said...

Aren't camera's the greatest inventions??? That's so awesome that you were able to catch that moment with Jack's face!!! I was laughing soooo hard!!!! he is just so cute!!!:) Poor little thing!