
Let me just start this post off with saying that I am not a dog lover. Never have been, probably never will be.
With that said, a few weeks ago, Justin's sister got a little yorkie dog. They had one while growing up so all three of them LOVE these little dogs. Justin was of course, completely jealous and continued to tell me that he needs one too.
Then, last night his brother, Ryan, calls and says that they have just purchased a little yorkie dog as well! They sent pictures to Justin's phone, and I will admit he is pretty cute. So for about an hour, our conversation kept repeating itself over and over and went a little something like this...
Justin: Let's go look at dogs on Monday.
Stacey: No. I don't want a dog.
Justin: They are SO FUN and everybody has one but me now!
Stacey: I'm sorry.
Justin: Why don't you want one?
Stacey: Because I'm not the one who even likes dogs and I will be the one at home all day taking care of it. Why would I do that?
Justin: You can train them in two weeks! Don't you want a cute little doggie to sleep and cuddle with? PLEASE can I have a puppy??
Stacey: No.
Justin: You are heartless!! You tricked me when we were dating.
Stacey: Whatever! What were my exact words when you told me you wanted a dog someday? I believe I said that I would rather chop off my right arm than get a dog. How is that tricking you?
Justin: You are a wolf in sheep's clothing! (The highlight of the evening)
Stacey: (Laughing hysterically) Whatever, can we say our prayers please and go to bed?! I feel like I'm talking to a five year old! You are just going to have to go visit Ryan or Steph's.
Justin: I will have a dog one day.
13 comments:
Hahaha! That is too funny. I must say that I remember many times having conversations about how you didn't want a dog with Justin before you were married. So, you are not a wolf in sheeps clothing! haha. He just has a bad memory.
Loved the post!
That is hilarious. Lots of luck Justin with getting your dog, however I'm with Stacy. Dogs are better at other peoples homes not mine.
Stick to your guns stacey! I like dogs but NOT inside my house. And that little dog wouldn't survive outside. That conversation was hilarious.
So your manly husband wants a little puppy to sleep & cuddle with, huh?! Isn't that what Jack is for? Stand strong- no to the dog!
That's so funny. Adam won't let me have a cat!It's an on going battle with us.
... but stace ... he is soooooooo cute!! how could you not want that widdle cuddly wuddly!! :) i'm not about sharing my bed with a dog . . but i'm definitely not opposed to the idea of having one. i'm more like justin-one day our kids WILL have a dog!! think of all the cute pictures you could take of jack and his new bff fluffy?? hehehe!! (go justin, get your doggie)
Yorkies are so cute! They don't really count as dogs. I think you should get one.
Ok so I am laughing my head off as I am writing this you wolf you! That it the funniest line EVER, I can totally see you guys having this conversation! As for our dog it is actually really fun and Peyton LOVES her butI would definitly NEVER have an inside dog they stink! But I like dogs so I guess that's where we're different. But only outside! Ohhhh the belly is getting out there! 4 more months!!
You guys are such a cute couple! You are lucky to have each other!!!:) I have to say that I take Stacey's side...I'm really not a dog person or pet person for that matter, everytime I pet one I have to smell my hand and it stinks like dog so I have to hurry and wash it 'cause I can't stand it...then with a pet you are always worried that it might bite your kids because they pulled its tail and the dog got mad or something...now, may be when the kids are older like 8 or 9 then maaaay be...then they can help but even then you are the one who will probably end up doing all the work!!!:) Hard decision guys...they are cute though like the picture that you posted, you just want to squeeze that little thing, anyway, long post...you get the point...:):)
Haha...STAY STRONG STACEY!!! I am totally with you. When I get married its either me or the dog...
they are so cute but I feel exactly the same way!! They are soo much work and you would be the primary care taker! I am glad Mitch feels the same way as me, I just feel bad for our kids when they are grown, I will probably be the first to give into a pet when our kids are begging for one!
i'm like you stacey but the only one i've ever considered is a yorkie. a miniature one if it's possible. isaac loves dogs and derik really wants one, but we'll see. i will not have anything other than a mini yorkie so if we do...which we might...it'll be tiny and cute.
I'm glad SOMEONE feels the same way I do. DON'T GIVE IN!!! I did twice. The dog was cute--except she woke us up in the night with big poops left in the middle of the floor and the worst smell ever. Not to mention the chewing up toys, etc, etc. (Even after completing puppy school!). The cat was better, but she freaked out each time we had a baby and stunk up the carpets with her pee. YUCK!! I really love my fish!
Post a Comment