Thursday, December 3, 2009

Thanksgiving

This year for Thanksgiving the Jensen's came to see us. We haven't seen them since March so it was well over due! We had a super yummy Thanksgiving meal with them and Ryan and Kara. I did the turkey and apple pie, Kara made AMAZING homemade stuffing, rolls, and pumpkin pie, and Denisse made delicious sweet potatoes. Everything in the dinner was delicious!!! We ate until we had eaten way too much...but isn't that how Thanksgiving is supposed to be? :)
Brielle and Braden LOVED Anderson. They were so good with him and just wanted to hold and love him the whole time. (I stole these pictures from Denisse's blog)

On Friday, we were lucky enough to have an amazing babysitter (thank you Kara and Ryan!!!) which allowed us to go out to dinner and see Wicked!! This is the second time Justin and I have seen it and it was just as good if not better than the first time. It was so nice to enjoy a night out with no kiddos! We were all trying to remember the last time that happened, when we went on a real date. Justin and I couldn't even think of the last time. It was so fun. We ate at Brio (one of our favorite restaurants) and LOVED the food and of course, the company.

Wicked.... SO GOOD!!!!


On Saturday, we all went out to Kirtland to see the nativity exhibit. Denisse was watching Brielle and Jack and Jack says to her, "Close your eyes... One, two, three... Surprise!!" I'm not sure what the surprise was, but she said it was super cute.
All of the kids got along so well! It makes it much more enjoyable when you can just let them play and you aren't worried about who is fighting with who. They had a blast together. Are they cute or what? I love Brielle's sass. :)




Thanks for all of the pictures Denisse! And thank you guys so much for coming out to see us. We are so thankful to still be just a short drive away.

13 comments:

The Heaton's said...

great pictures i love all of them! it looks like you guys had such a great thanksgiving and had so much fun with scott and denisse. how wonderful it is to have such great friends to share the holidays with! everyone looks so good and i bet the kids just loved playing with eachother! i bet it was so nice to get out and have a date night, especially to go see wicked!

Sherwoods said...

What a fun Thanksgiving. All your pictures are so cute. I love the last one of you and Justin in the steps. We got Andersons baby announcement this week. He is so adorable.

Jensen said...

Thanks for letting us join you for Thanksgiving. You cooked an AWESOME turkey!

Whitney said...

cute cute pics!! what a fun weekend!! and by the way "hot sauce?" jack is so stinking funny!!

Katie Davis said...

J and A are darling. Hey, I was going to recommend a book that totally saved my life with my Jack.. I remember crying as soon as it started to get dark thinking there was no way I could do it again tonight.. he only slept for 1-2 hrs at a time too. 'Healthy sleep habits, happy child' by Dr. marc weissbluth. I love this man and his book because his methods work! I have given this book as baby gifts ever since and everyone raves. So. I hope that helps! Ashley (Macnair) was telling me how you get Jack to touch his nose to the wall during timeout and the hot sauce (I was complaining about how nothing works with my Jack right now)and I have got to try that. It must be the name, right!

Matt, Stephanie and Hayden Berglind said...

How much fun! I love all the pictures of the cute kids, I be they had a blast together. And I LOVE the quote from Jack in the last post. I would have started laughing too...sooooo funny! Keep up the good work Stace, you are such a great mom!

Denisse said...

We had a blast! Thanks for everything! We miss you already!

Kara said...

Love that last picture you little hottie! (That was directed towards you Stacey, because that would just be awkward if I was talking to Justin!)

Nat said...

What a fun holiday! And what beautiful kids! I'm glad you had fun.

Mary said...

What a cute family! Anderson is getting so big!

Natalie Smith said...

I love your pictures on this post ...You and Justin look adorable in the last one.
Happy Holidays!

Andy said...

Hey guys,

Long time no talk. What a cute little family you guys have! We've come a long way from haircuts in the kitchen huh Stacey? But I must say, I have taught my wife how to cut my hair and so that works out okay. I just wanted to say that we also went to Wicked when we were in Melbourne last fall and it was the BEST!!! I loved that play. Hope you guys are having a great holiday! Hope to catch up and have lunch some day.

Kristi Clinger said...

Your family is ADORABLE!! My son has that same exact outfit.
I'm excited to say that Wicked is coming to Dallas. I hope I get to go.