
We went caroling with some people from church at the Hannah House at University Hospital. It took us two hours to sing to every patient that wanted us to. Every time we would leave a patient and go to the next, we would sing "We Wish You a Merry Christmas". Jack knows this song because of Mickey's Christmas movie and he would sing along every time. This video isn't the best but I LOVE how he says "Merry Christmas!" at the end. He was saying that to everyone he could find. It was so cute. He would say, "Mom, I'm going to go tell her Merry Christmas" as he ran off to talk to the nurse. We had a good time and felt good about lifting people's spirits that were there. A lot of patients cried and everyone thanked us for coming to sing to them. My heart went out to those people who will have to be in the hospital for Christmas. I hope they have family that will come and visit them. We told Jack that we were going to the hospital to sing Christmas songs to the people there so they would feel better. Hopefully he felt good about doing it too. :)
5 comments:
Good for you guys! That's a wonderful activity and Jack is a doll!
He is so cute! I didn't know there was caroling set up. I've been thinking about trying to get a group out to carol to any non or less active members we may know. Where there a lot of Church people singing at the hospital? It looks like it was a lot of fun!
That is so precious! What a wonderful service opportunity! :)
Oh man does Jack have such a sweet voice! Bet he can never be naughty with a voice like that!! :)
That is so sweet. What a neat experience for him even though he didn't fully understand what was going on. I'm sure his sweet little voice made them smile.
Post a Comment