Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Jack's First Words!

These last few days have been really fun for Stacey and me. This week has been especially nice since I am on Spring break and will be able to spend more time with Stacey and Jack. It is going to be hard to go back to school on Monday and try to get used to going all day without seeing them again. Jack is really starting to learn a lot of new things. He has finally began to talk a little. Some of his favorite things to say are da da, bye bye and uh oh. The other day I was walking downtown with Jack pointing at all of the cars passing us and telling him that they were going bye bye. We have been trying to teach him how to wave and say bye bye but he has never really caught on. But this day, out of nowhere, he lifted his hand up, waved it, and said baa bye. You should have seen my face, I was so surprised!! He is such a smart little kid. Also, whenever he would drop any of his cheerios or other food off his booster seat we would always say uh oh. Now he drops everything and looks at it on the floor and will say "uh oh." It is really cute when he says it but now we are constantly picking up everything off the floor:) I would definitely say that it is worth it though! We have been trying to teach him to say ma ma but he is still having a hard time with that one. I think it will be coming any day now! What an amazing blessing Jack is in our lives. We are so grateful to be his parents and for the love he has brought to our family. We can't imagine our lives without him.

5 comments:

Nat said...

That is so cute! He is growing so much so fast. I love those first little words they start to say. How fun!

Jessica said...

It's so fun when babies start talking! And their little voices are so cute! Enjoy his cuteness, trouble's coming! (I say that with a smile on my face.)

Karlee said...

That's ssooo cute! I love that he is saying "uh oh!" and that he drops his food off his booster seat and says it! That's hilarious! We are having problems getting Boston to say "mama" too! He'll say it when he's crying and sad but during the day if I say
"mama" he'll just say "dada" over and over and start to get almost annoyed and finally just yell "DADA!" at me when I've tried over and over! Oh the things our kids do!

Denisse said...

Oh my gosh!!!!! I can totally see Justin's face when he heard Jack say bye!!!!!! Isn't it crazy how you teach them things and at first there's no reaction, but then one day all of a sudden it happens!!! They are sooooooo smart!!!!!!!!!!And it makes you realize that no one can replace a parent teaching their kids little things like that!!! Can I just come and give him a squeeeeze!!!!!!!!! I wish I could!!!:)

Denisse said...
This comment has been removed by the author.