
Just when Jack and I had gotten used to being back home, we went straight back to the airport and flew to Milwaukee!! My friend Kara received an amazing Christmas present from her good husband, Steve... a ticket for me to come and see her! Who wouldn't want me for a Christmas present? :) So Jack and I packed our bags again, kissed Justin goodbye for the second time in February, and set off for Milwaukee. We flew into the Chicago airport which is pretty close to them. It was SO MUCH FUN! I haven't been able to really hang out with Kara for that long since we lived together. We stayed up late every night and talked each other's ears off, just like we did when we were roommates. I loved it. It made me realize how much I have missed her all these years. Thank you Steve for thinking of me!

On Saturday, Steve, being the generous man that he is, volunteered to watch Jack and Hallie all day while Kara and I roamed Chicago. Besides being FREEZING cold, we had so much fun. Chicago is HUGE and there is so much to do. The picture above is the side of the Chicago Tribune building which has rock and concrete and different materials from places all over the world.

This is the lake where it runs through part of the city...to give you a little idea of how cold it was.

We walked through Millennium Park. This was one of four huge ice sculptures they had in an outdoor art exhibit. I'm not sure how they colored it but they were huge and looked really cool in real life.


12 comments:
I love chicago! Looks like you had fun. That ice looks scary. Tell Justin I like his pecil pic. Such a smartie he might need a pencil protecter. tee,hee!
That looks like so much fun! I want to go. It's so funny that Jack is ALWAYS smiling! He's such a cute little guy.
Your pics are so fun! Thanks for making the rest of us look like boring losers! (We're glad your back to your computer!:)
So glad you're back! I missed you! Looks like the trip was fun and you did alot. How fun!
Nice bean. Weird. Welcome back!
CHICAGO?!?! I'm SOO jealous! I really want to go and shop there, see Oprah and visit all the great sights!
Chicago is definately one place I want to visit while we are out here. Hopefuly i can go soon. Looks like fun, I'm glad you got to spend time with Kara, love her.
geez you traveling fool!! Slow down and do something fun like wait for winter to be over like me!! hee hee how'd Jack do with all the traveling? Peyton would be a walking zombie! Look like you had tons of fun!
Thanks for the recipe Stace!!!! How fun that you got to go to see Kara and her fam. I LOVE hanging out with old roommates...!!!! I bet you are glad to be home though!! There is nothing like sleeping in your own bed!!!!...next to your hubby!!!!:) Glad you had a fun time!!!!! (We decided where to go to med school...check our blog!) Love ya guys! Give Jack a big kiss from us!
You guys were brave taking the kids downtown in the cold. Scott & I went last weekend and just about froze even with the sun out! It's crazy you were just here. We live just by Six Flags, I'm sure you drove by it. Isn't Chicago great?! We love it here!
So I saw the last name Heaton and clicked on it thinking it might be my old roommate Sharee.... (any relation to you) Anyways, and I was like, I recognize that face...but it wasnt Sharee's blog. So I just thought that I would say hello! Your little guy is a cutie! TIffany (Russell) Marler
I am so jealous! That is where I grew up and I miss it so much. It is the greatest city in America if I do say so myself. I'm glad you had fun. Now you know why I don't think Cleveland winters are so bad though. When you say freezing you really mean it! Cute pics!
Post a Comment