The day after the Kerema's was Jack's first day of kindergarten. He has been very excited to start school. He goes all day, from 8:30am-3:00pm. At first I was worried about him going all day, but he has done so well. And I'll be the first to admit, it's kind of nice! Having one kid at home makes it much easier to get stuff done and run errands. Plus Anderson is a little turkey these days and like to bug Jack to no end. He is much sweeter on his own (Anderson, that is). It took us a while to get into a school routine, but I feel like we have the hang of things. I'm not used to packing lunches and getting homework done! It's been an adjustment for all of us.
I say this a lot, but Jack has changed so much in the last year. He seems so much older to us now. We just look at him and listen to his thoughts and think that he is turning in to such a big boy. He is smart and I love hearing all the things they learn about. Every Friday they get to bring home a library book and he is always bringing home something educational. It's always a book about space, animals, or dinosaurs. He is very curious and we love it.
His teachers rate their behavior each day and they have given him a green (the best rating) all but one day. He came home with a yellow a few days ago because he wouldn't stop humming songs in class. The next day he said he almost got a yellow but he that said a prayer in his head to help him remember to stop humming. It was a very proud moment for me. He is a sweet heart.
The visor he is wearing says "Ms. Parker's Class". They gave them to the kids so everyone would know which class he is in and could make sure he was headed in the right direction.
That lady in the picture is the assistant teacher in his class. Her name is Miss Poindexter. She is always wearing crazy clothes and has some new crazy hair every few days. Jack says she is really nice. So far he likes his regular teacher, Ms. Parker, as well. While driving home from school one day, I asked him if he liked his teacher, Ms. Parker. He said "Yeah I do. But let's not talk about that right now. Let's just sit and enjoy the ride."
Justin had to leave early on his first day, so we got a picture with him on Jack's second day. Aren't they so handsome?
We love this not so little boy of ours.





2 comments:
He is a super handsome Kindergarden boy!!! We are so proud of you Jack for getting almost all green cards (except one). Love you!!
Cute Jack. He IS getting bigger and growing up! I think that about my boys all the time.... why do they have to grow up?! All day Kindergarten! Go Jack! He is so cute in these pictures I love them.
And cute Anderson, how did our boys just turn 3 already? It feels like yesterday I was at your baby shower for Andersen and I had found out the NIGHT before we were getting Eli in three weeks! CRAZY!!
I love your boys. I love your updates too! You guys are awesome.
Kara
Post a Comment