As soon as Justin made it to Washington, we officially started the Brownell family reunion. It was just my immediate family. We don't even remember the last time we were ALL together. Justin wasn't able to be at Whitney and Kevin's wedding, so we know it was sometime before then. Whenever it was, it was long overdue! The boys were so excited to have their daddy back after three weeks. I love when they get so attached to him after we've been apart. I'm not going to lie, it's a nice break for me! Anderson wouldn't let him out of his sight. Justin had to sneak away to even use the bathroom. For the reunion we camped in my parent's back yard. I love their back yard. It's huge and I love that my kids have endless amounts of yard to run and play. Someday, we will have that. Hopefully before my kids are too old and don't want to play in the back yard anymore.
Of course Sophie had to join in on the fun!
We camped, watched The Lorax outside, roasted marshmallows, had dutch oven dinner and cobbler. We played lots of outdoor games, set up the batting cage, and played a mean game of volleyball. We also had family pictures taken and Whitney and Kevin blessed their little Finley.
The batting cage was a big hit. I think I recall my mom beating my dad on this one!
You put together a great weekend Mom and Dad!! Hopefully the next time we are all together is sooner than later! It could be tricky with us now living on the other side of the world, but I'm crossing my fingers.



No comments:
Post a Comment