Right before Typhoon Bolaven came (our first typhoon experience), we went with the Jenk's and the Bjarnason's to a couple different parks. They have really interesting slides here in Okinawa and we were excited to have a reason to get out of our TLF room. The first one we went to has a drop that is seriously straight up and down. It was getting everyone's shorts dirty, so I used that as my excuse to not go on it. I'm such a weenie!! We couldn't get our boys to do it either. I'm sure Justin will make me do it sometime before we leave Okinawa.
The little kids were checking it out.
"Are you going to do it?" "No. Are you?""No."
Then we went over to this one made out of rubber. I thought the setting was so pretty. It was like being in the jungle pretty much. Everything was beautiful and bright green.
The next one we went to was one of their famous roller slides. If I remember right, I believe this one is the longest roller slide on Okinawa. The kids went down just on their bottoms, but if you bring a piece of cardboard or a little plastic sled, you can fly down it.
That big tall part at the top is a look out, so that's not part of the slide. But still, isn't that awesome? The stairway up to it is never ending. If you look hard you can see Anderson at the very top.
And yes, please clean away your dog's dung. Refer to the illustration if there is any confusion!!



2 comments:
Those slides look so fun! You'd better get a good picture of you going down that big one if you ever decide not to wuss out! :) Ha ha! Also I am dying to see your cars :) Sure miss you guys! Tell everyone hi from us!
The slides sure look fun, however I think I would be worn out just climbing the stairs!!! Love the dog dung sign!! too funny!!
Post a Comment