Justin had his 30th birthday on August 31. Unfortunately, we still didn't have any of our belongings (that ugly table belongs to the government), so the party and decorations were a little weak. But we tried to make it a special day anyways. He got some presents, we ate at Arashi's, and had people over for s'more cake.
Justin and the boys tried out the new tent in our living room. It was "boys only", so I was the unlucky one and slept in my own comfortable bed. It took up the entire living room. Justin figured they better do it now before all of the boxes and furniture came.
The best part of his birthday actually came the day after. I surprised him with a little Japanese adventure. We left our kids with friends and made the gorgeous drive up north to Tadake Falls. It's about a half our hike through a river to get to the falls. Justin was super excited, as I had hoped, and we loved every second of it. He couldn't stop smiling and looked like a little kid in a candy store. He kept saying, "I love this kind of stuff!"
Justin gets slightly depressed when he thinks about being 30, but I think he just gets better with age.
Once we got to the falls, we climbed up this super steep hill and found this view at the top. We were in awe at how beautiful it was.
Tadake Falls
These are my instagram pictures. Do you like our booties? They are scuba diving water shoes. They have nice felt on the bottom and give you really good traction on the rocks in the water. Nice shoes, but not so stylish.
This is something that we will always remember. I mean, who can say that they have hiked through a river, in the jungle of Japan, to a beautiful waterfall, for your 30th birthday?
Justin is one amazing 30 year old. I have known him now for 8 years and like I said, he just gets better with age.






1 comment:
The jumping pictures at the end were my favorite! You guys are so cute.
Post a Comment