Friday, June 8, 2012

5 years old

Jack is five years old today. I can't believe it. I feel like he has grown up a lot this year. He is getting so tall and looking way too old these days. I now have to shop in the big boy clothes for him! That is so weird to me. Of course he loves it. He thinks it's totally awesome that we have to go to a whole different section for his clothes than Anderson's clothes. He told me "I can't find shirts over here because I'm too big for them." It's true. He is too big. I'm not sure how I feel about it. I love this "big boy" though. He is very curious right now and asks questions about everything. "Are boats faster than cars? Is there such thing as skeletons? Is John Mayer a real person?" You love that last one? We have been listening to the new John Mayer album in the car and he asked me that yesterday. You can just see his little wheels turning in his head trying to figure all the questions he has. He is a sweetheart. He kind of likes to whine.... a lot. But we're working on that. He is in to everything that is "cool". Super heroes, airplanes (only cool ones), light sabers, swords, pirates. In fact, we are having a pirate party today. It should be fun!
Happy Birthday Jack! 
We love you.

2 comments:

idaho grandma said...

Wow!!! What a handsome young man. You are getting so big. We are so proud of you and all you do. So glad you had a great Birthday and a fun party. Can't wait to see your aligator pictures from the jetboat ride. Glad your grandpa & grandma Brownell were there for your special day. We love you and miss you and can't wait to see you this summer. P.S. I want a copy of that picture for my fridge. I love it and him!!!!

Spencer & Suzy said...

Happy Birthday Jack! Such a cutie :)