The place I wanted to take my parents to the most was Oak Alley Plantation. It is in Louisiana, about 2 1/2 hours away. It was amazing. The landscape and all of the trees were so pretty. Look at that tree in the first picture. I have never seen a tree like that!
There was a massive black cloud that seemed to be getting closer. We kept hoping that it would just miss us. We weren't so lucky. As soon as we got into the house, it started pouring down rain. Luckily we were inside!
That big thing above the dining room table was used to keep the flies away. A boy servant would sit in the corner and pull the rope back and forth while they sat and ate dinner. Sometimes for three hours at a time! I would not want that job.
The reason they call it Oak Alley is because of these huge oak trees that are in two rows right in front of the house. They said the trees are 300 years old and 100 years older than the mansion.
Even though it was raining, Justin and I ran out to the front to get some pictures. These trees are HUGE!
Looking down towards the house. Can I just own something like this? Is that too much to ask? It was so beautiful and very peaceful.
On the other side of the trees, the branches went all the way to the ground. Some of them would grow down into the ground and back out.
The boys thought it was fun to run out into the rain and run back. We were all so wet!
Apparently Justin was having a little too much fun. :)
This is definitely my favorite thing we have done in the South.



5 comments:
Wow! So gorgeous. Those trees are amazing!
LOVE Oak Alley! One of my most favorite plantations in Louisiana! This makes me miss all the beautiful oak trees!!! Sadly, Texas has nothing like that...
Those trees look like they would be so fun to climb! They are so ginormous!
What a beautiful place. I love, love the trees. They are so huge!!! What a beautiful home as well. I am not fond of the dining room colors, but it is beautiful. Can you imagine the upkeep on a huge place like that????
oh man anderson has graduated to the small fry shirt? i can't believe it!! that means riley is just getting older and older! booo!! he does look rather cute though :) anderson that is. ha!
Post a Comment