Monday, June 25, 2012

USS Alabama

We took my mom and dad to see the USS Alabama in Mobile. I have been wanting to take the boys there and having company was the perfect excuse.


Now those are some big guns!



These sailors would be on the ship for months at a time. Here is the dental office on board. Quite the set up, huh? When we were touring around the inside of the boat, I kept imagining how claustrophobic I would have been. Lots of small spaces and it was really stuffy. Not to mention the fact that you could get completely lost in there! It was huge.
Anderson preferred to be on the deck instead of inside.



There was also an air museum and a submarine. Jack decided that this black airplane was his favorite.

I actually enjoyed the submarine more than the boat. It was much cooler inside and was kept up really nice.

That is one long submarine!

1 comment:

idaho grandma said...

what a fun place. Why is it drydocked? Is it out of service now? I bet the boys loved it though.