We went out to Scott and Kelli's for a BBQ on the 4th. The weather was awesome! Washington is notorious for having a rainy 4th so we were glad to wake up to the sunshine. I love the 4th of July. I love the colors, I love the food, and I just love the feel of the day. It is one of my favorite holidays.
Do you like Justin's military haircut? He has been keeping his hair pretty long for quite a while but he was leaving that night on a red eye flight to Alabama, so we had to cut it. I think it looks good on him.
They have an amazing view of Mt. Rainier. Another part of Washington that I LOVE.
Love those little teeth!
We left Scott and Kelli's house so we could come and put Anderson to bed. Jack stayed up and enjoyed the fireworks while I took Justin to the airport. That was not my favorite part of the evening. I was so sad to drop him off. I cried and cried and cried. I was not looking forward to being apart from him for 6 weeks. Plus we had spent all day, every day together since he graduated dental school and this made it that much harder. I was used to having him around all day and being there to help me out with the boys. I really enjoyed being together for that time. I loved it, and it was hard to realize that it had come to an end. After he left, I had a good cry every few days. Being away from him has been harder than I even thought it would be. It has just made me realize how much I rely on him every day. He is the best husband and I have missed him so much!! But now he is in his last week of Officer's Training and we have less than two weeks until we fly out to Mississippi to be with him. It will be a weird feeling to finally unpack my suitcase after 3 months of traveling!! But most of all, we can't wait to be with Justin. Jack will start crying all of a sudden and ask me how many more days until we get to be with Daddy. Anderson will say "Home...Daddy." in a sad voice. We have had so much fun with our cousins but we can't wait to be with Justin!!






5 comments:
Looks like you lucked out with beautiful weather! Hope your doing well with Justin at training, thinking about you!
Believe me, it stinks for him to be away from you and the boys too! I'm glad you guys had such a fun summer. Hopefully next summer will be just as fun...here...with us!
Hang in there! I KNOW how you feel, it is so hard to be a "single" parent and missing your hubby. Will asked me the same thing the last two weeks we were without Scott, he would say "Do we ever get to see Daddy again?" So sad...
I'm glad you are down the last little bit! We moved in on Saturday and I was so happy to NOT be living out of my suitcase!!!
Best of luck, we think about you guys often, you are by far some of our most favorite people on earth!
Kara
looks like you had a great 4th. wish you could have been here with us. i can't believe how much the boys have grown since we saw them only 5 weeks ago. Anderson looks older and Jack looks taller. we will be so happy for you all when you get to be together as your family again and in your won home. 4 months is a very long time to live out of a suitcase and be "homeless"!!!! we loved every minute of having you with us and miss you all so much. 10 more days!!!!! woo hoo!!!!!
Post a Comment