The other night, we were upstairs rearranging Jack's room since we had put his bed up and taken down his crib. All of a sudden we hear the fire alarm go off. So we run down stairs to see why and our whole bottom floor was a little smokey and totally smelled like fire. We were running around trying to see what was burning and we couldn't find anything but we realized the smell was coming up through the vents. Our maintenance guy had been working on our furnace that day so we start getting really nervous. I run down to the basement to see if I could find where the fire was but found nothing. Still nervous, I call 911 and they send the fire department over just to check it out and be safe. We live right down the street from the fire department so they showed up in about five minutes with lights, sirens, and everything! And at first they went the wrong way down our street. eventually they found us and I'm sure all the neighbors were wondering what the heck was going on. We were babysitting Lily that night and both of them were glued to the window saying "Wow! Cool!"
By the time they found our house and came in to check everything the smell had gone down a ton and they weren't able to find anything. They think that some debris fell onto the flames in the furnace and burnt up, sending the smoke and smell up through the vents. It was enough to give us a good scare though! I felt bad that they came out to our house for nothing, but I guess it's better than if they came to our house and had to hose down all my belongings!!!
6 comments:
SCARY! i would be with you and ALL about calling 911 just to be safe! definitely better than being worried and chancing it!!!! i am glad everything was alright!!!
Gesh! That is scary. I love the pic of the kids. Glad everything is okay!
I'm so glad you guys called 911! Definitely best to be safe...I think having my house burn down is one of my biggest fears...seriously...every time we go out of town (or even to the store) I have to make sure everything is turned off. I'm so happy you guys are ok first of all and then that your house is ok!:)
well holy crap, i'm glad every thing is okay, that is SO scary!
cute picture of the kids. I bet it was pretty exciting around your home for a few minutes. I agree....better safe than sorry. I would be very sad to have them tromping in my house with the hoses spraying all my belongings too. Love you and glad all went well. MOM H.
I like how you can see Jack's reflection in the window. It is a cute picture. Thanks again for babysitting.
Post a Comment