General Conference!!

I cannot express how much I LOVE General Conference!! The whole spirit of the entire weekend is amazing. To be able to hear a prophet in our time who gives us council straight from the Lord is such a blessing. I honestly wonder almost every day why I was lucky enough to be born into a righteous family with parents who love the gospel. I have no idea why Heavenly Father has given me so many blessings in my life, but I am truly thankful that He has. General Conference gives me a much needed spiritual boost that helps me to see and recognize all of those blessings. It gives me the extra strength to be a better person, and a better member of the church. When I was younger, conference was often a time to doze off! I never truly captured the spirit of the messages that the speakers were sharing. Now that I am married and also a mother, I just want to soak it all up!
So far, my favorite talk is Elder L. Tom Perry's on how to simplify our lives. I loved it!! Make room for those things that are most important in our lives and the essentials we need to "survive" and make it back to our Heavenly Father. Such a sweet, simple message.
I hope that as I come away from this weekend, I remember the messages shared and the principles taught.

I cannot express how much I LOVE General Conference!! The whole spirit of the entire weekend is amazing. To be able to hear a prophet in our time who gives us council straight from the Lord is such a blessing. I honestly wonder almost every day why I was lucky enough to be born into a righteous family with parents who love the gospel. I have no idea why Heavenly Father has given me so many blessings in my life, but I am truly thankful that He has. General Conference gives me a much needed spiritual boost that helps me to see and recognize all of those blessings. It gives me the extra strength to be a better person, and a better member of the church. When I was younger, conference was often a time to doze off! I never truly captured the spirit of the messages that the speakers were sharing. Now that I am married and also a mother, I just want to soak it all up!
So far, my favorite talk is Elder L. Tom Perry's on how to simplify our lives. I loved it!! Make room for those things that are most important in our lives and the essentials we need to "survive" and make it back to our Heavenly Father. Such a sweet, simple message.
I hope that as I come away from this weekend, I remember the messages shared and the principles taught.
9 comments:
Your post said it perfectly, we felt the same way about conference! I am always amazed how Elder Perry has such simple and gentle way of delivering such powerful and important messages. I think that General Conference is the best way to start the fall season.
Amen! I feel the exact same way! I love conference and am so grateful for our church and Heavenly Father's blessing of such inspiring leaders.
Okay Stace- time to comment! Firts of all, I had to laugh that you wrote "Reason #357 why i love the Fall"! That is so funny! I feel the same way! I really loved what you said though! I think it's awesome that you have such a grateful heart and you don't just take it for granted what you have been blessed with in your life! I also totally agree with what you said about conference! I didn't appreciate it when I was younger either (which gives me hope that my kids one day will!)but now I don't want to miss a minute! I love reading your blog and I think you guys are great! Love, NB :O)
Stace, I totally agree with you that general conference gives MUCH NEEDED spiritual boost! I love feeling supported not only in my roles as a mother and wife but also as a human being going through this mortal experience. I love conference so much and I always remember when I was little missing church during general conference because we did't have a satellite in our stake in Peru but I do remember my mom making such a big deal when the Liahona came with the general conference talks and even though we didn't get to go to conference I remember my mom reading the talks out loud with tears in her eyes, I felt the Spirit and knew that these talks were so important. In Miami we used to ride the bus for 2 hours to get to the stake center to go to general conference! Anyway, I'm just grateful that for the last 10 years I have had general conference so easily available to me!!! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!!!!:)
That was my favorite talk too. I needed that one with my crazy life! :) It's funny how thoughts on general conference change when we are older. I love it too! We are so lucky to be able to recieve guidance straight from the LORD when all around us things are a little chaotic. What a blessing! I'm glad you're my sister. :)
HA HA. Isn't it funny to see how all of us (siblings) have changed our perspective on conference! I LOVE LOVE LOVE conference. It was soooo good this weekend too. I didn't want it to end. After the last session was over I was like ok so next session in two hours! I thought all of the talks were amazing. Can't wait for another 6 months! And I LOVE the fall as well. It is my favorite season!
Stacey-
I am really happy that you feel that way. I loved it, too. One of my favorites was President Monson on how we need to enjoy this journey that we are on and not make it so hum drum. I really liked Elder Wirthlin and his comments on being able to laugh about things. The story was great about his daughters blind date. I just think that it is so important to hear what they have to tell us and then do it. I loved going last April. I am excited to go again next April and take McKay with us. we decided to take them when they turn 8. Mostly I love to see your testimony grow as you get older. You make me way proud to have you as a daughter. I love how you are not afraid to let everyone know about it, too. Love- MOM
I think Elder Perry's talk was much needed for all of us busy moms and members of the church. Sometimes, we just need to slow down and enjoy our families, and the blessings around us. What a great message! So exciting! I LOVED conference too and can't wait to read the talks, I always get more and more out of them each time I read them. Thanks for the post!!
i really enjoyed Perry's talk as well. sometimes i get caught up the cutest clothes or what next cute thing can i get for my house (ryan permitting, which is basically never). when it all comes down to it, none of that matters. what matters is that i am home, taking care of my cute son, keeping my home orderly where the spirit can dwell, so that I can focus on family, service and enjoy the gospel of jesus christ. i can't wait for the talks to come out. thanks for your post!
Post a Comment