Tuesday, October 21, 2008

5K

We ran a 5K with some of our friends on Saturday in Lakewood. It is a really cute town right on Lake Erie.
Here we are gearing up for the race and trying to warm up in the 45 degree weather! So much for our 80 degrees of the week before!

Jack was the youngest participant. :) Justin pushed him in the jogger. He's mad in this picture because he couldn't get his mittens off.

The race was in an awesome location. We ran through a neighborhood where everyone's back yard was Lake Erie. How fun would that be? It was nice to catch a glimpse of it in between the houses.
Our goal was to not be dead last......we did it! :) We definitely didn't finish first but ended up somewhere in the middle. That's good enough for me!

After the race with the lake behind us.
It was really fun to do it with so many friends!! Thanks guys for bearing the freezing cold weather!! Maybe we should make this a tradition?

12 comments:

Brittany Mecham said...

yay for you guys! Maybe next year i'll join in. i'll have to start training right after the baby comes cause well you know me, i'm weak!! glad you did it and had people to do it with! congrats!

Angie Penrose said...

Way to go! I need to do another one of those. I'm so glad to see those cute penrose clothes getting used! Especially on a cutie like Jack. :)

Sarah Stout said...

That's awesome! I really have been wanting to run more races. Thanks for the inspiration. :) I'm glad to see you guys are doing well and staying in shape!

Ash & Tim said...

Nice job! I am impressed that the whole family did it! What motivation -I need a little more of that. Love the pictures of Jack eating the apples he looks so cute.

The Heaton's said...

good for you guys! it looks like you have a fun group of friends. remember our rexburg liberty 5k run... ironically i am wear the tee shirt right now, i swear, how funny is that! good times. great job guys.

Anonymous said...

way to go guys. I am proud of you, not only did you finish but you made the effort to do it. Better than I would do. Congrats!!! You all look cute, but cold. Love you, mom

Matt and Tesha said...

How fun! Jack is such a cutie!

Lara said...

Wow! Good for you guys! I wish I was a runner! Jack looks super cute! We had so much fun at your house! We'll have to have you guys over some time.

Jessica said...

Good work! You are the cutest little family. We love Jack, he's too cute!!!

Whitney said...

wow super impressed. i think i'm like the only one in the world who has no motivation to ever run longer than is needful :) (which is like more than 10 feet) i think it's commendable and all i have to say is WAY 2 GO HEATONS!! . .and i love that jack is in LOVE with that apple.

Matt, Stephanie and Hayden Berglind said...

Seriously, Jack is just too cute! Even though he doesn't have as much hair as his friend Crew, he has a lot for him! It looks so cute! Way to go on the 5K! Especially in such cold weather! You guys look pretty darn cute.

Anonymous said...

Stacey- it's not right to look that good after running a 5k! I mean it! And the pictures of Jack from the post before this one- he looks sooo cute! His eyes are so pretty and he is just an adorable little boy! Love, Nicole :)