
Stacey and I have decided that since we are so bad at writing in our journals we ought to convert our blog into our family journal. Therefore, I decided that I better add something every now and then (for my posterity's sake)! I really hope that I am not too boring since we all know Stacey is the creative one in this family. One of my favorite things lately is having a permanent shadow from the time I walk in the door until the time Jack goes to bed at night! He relentlessly follows me from one room to the next and never seems to tire from it. I was playing a trick on him a couple nights ago to see how many times he would follow me from the kitchen to the family room. I think he did it like four or five times before he got sad and started whining a little. He also likes to ride around on my shoulders now! It is so funny because the only way he can hold on tight is by grabbing my hair. I usually will go in front of the mirror and jump up and down with him so he can see himself. He loves it! If I stop jumping, even for a second, he will pull even harder on my hair signaling to me that he wants to keep jumping. The best part is what Stacey and I like to call the "silent laugh." When we are jumping up and down he will open his mouth so wide and smile so big as if he were going to laugh so hard but nothing will come out. It is the funniest thing! I never thought I could love that little guy as much as I do! He is my best buddy!
12 comments:
That is the cutest & sweetest thing I've ever read! Justin, you're a great daddy & your son is super lucky. You deffinitely need to print that entry out and save it Jack's scrapbook. Too precious. And I love the pic!!!
Justin! That was such and ADORABLE post! You are an awesome daddy and an awesome guy! Sounds like Jack is a daddy's boy! I'm so glad we are friends! (I was going to write...I'm so glad we are related, but we aren't, although sometimes it feels like we should be!) COME ON! You guys need to have a little girl here soon, so Braden can marry her!!!! Let's just hope she's shorter than Braden...Can't wait to see you guys in July!!!!!!!!!!!
What an awesome thing to write down. You need to keep a copy of it and show it to Jack when he gets bigger. I am so glad I have that photo of you two and can look at it every time I walk in the hall. He is so darling and we love him so much (and you guys too), and can't wait to see you all this summer. Hope you have photos of him on your shoulders. Love, mom H.
That story about the hair pulling is hilarious! I love it. We love Jack too and especially McKenna. She names ever baby, stuffed animal and anything else she owns Jack. It always cracks me up when I ask her what she's named something and the response is always JACK!
such a great post. don't you wish jack could understand how much you love him!!!! i don't think anyone can comprehend a parents love until they become one themselves.
i have been printing all my posts for last 9 months and putting them in sheet protectors and i will have them bound by year! it's going to be such a great thing for posterity (i am a terrible journal writer as well).
Justin! I found you guys through Teri and Dave's blog... I'm glad you guys are doing so well, and you have the cutest little boy! This is a cute blog... what a fun picture too!
Good job on your post Justin! You're such a good Dad. I love the silent laugh. :) It's like he's trying so hard to get it out. One of these days he's going to let out a big belly laugh. That will be awesome.
p.s...stacey you're such a good photographer! :)
Justin, that is the cutest picture of you and your son. These are the moments that we live for. I think kids multiply all of our emotions. Thanks for the comment on my blog. It was really great to hear from you!
How darling! You guys have such a cute little guy. Isn't it amazing how much you can love someone so small? It's the best!
What do you mean best buddy? I thought I was your BFF...
Post a Comment