
Today is officially the first day of spring! Hooray!! Well, I guess it's not really spring at our house. Cleveland is a little behind on the whole season thing, since it SNOWED here last night! I have taken things into my own hands and brought a little sunshine into my kitchen. It's fake of course, but it will have to due until the temperature starts to rise.
Since it is still cold outside, we have been stuck inside the house trying to entertain ourselves. This past Monday, we had a guy in our ward and his two boys over for Family Home Evening. We all sat down to dinner and noticed that Jack was choking on something. It kind of came and went so we weren't too worried about it. I couldn't find anything in his mouth either. Then he starts choking pretty bad and starts throwing up! Justin said he saw something that could have been what he was choking on but I only saw throw up. :) So after he gains control of himself again, we proceed to eat dinner. We finished up and were having an Easter lesson in the family room when I notice him chewing on something. I was able to get it out of his mouth and found this metal star that came off one of my Willow Tree figurines. I was so glad that he didn't try to swallow it before I could get it out! Anyways, to make a long story short, he put on quite the show for our guests and are now extremely careful of what is around our house!

10 comments:
That would have freaked me out! I'm always so nervous about what might be laying around that Boston will put in his mouth. The other day I was playing with him on my lap and tickling him when I noticed something in his mouth and it was a piece of wood from one of my wicker baskets! He also always takes the plastic piece of the door stoppers and puts those in his mouth--so watch out for that one! I'm glad Jack was okay though and you didn't have a MAJOR problem that it could've resulted in!
I thought you were going to say you found it in is diaper days later! Glad the little guy's ok.
Your decorations are cute...Think Spring!
Um...SCARY!! Welcome to the world of boys! Mckay once swallowed a balloon, I didn't know it, but I found it in his diaper later. Needless to say I was a little freaked! Start the baby proofing. :)
Weird...lol and we just got a blog too!
http://thebutlerhappenings.blogspot.com/
Do you think he was swallowing it when you couldn't see it in his mouth? I can't believe he could even try to swallow that star!!!! AMAZING!!! Glad he is okay, but that is quite a scare. Why do kids have to put everything in their mouths? Cute spring decoration in the kitchen. You are always so clever and quite the decorator. Love to you all...Mom H.
Oh Stace! That's scary! It's been really hard for me to childproof around the house...kids are so curious! The other day Braden got a hold of one of my earrings, I don't know how he got it...anyway, I noticed that he had something in his mouth and I'm like 'spit it out Braden' and he spits out and lo and behold my earring! He thought it was funny and had this huge smile on his face!!! I'm so glad Jack didn't swallow that star!!! Oh man! children, children...
um if at all possible can you make sure he doesn't get into anymore trouble until we come to visit :) i haven't even looked into the "route" we are taking to ct-but you can bet i'm gonna try and talk brady into a few stops in OH and WI!! 8 hours is nothing-especially if we met half way in PA (which is where brady's sister lives) ahhh -all the fun we could have! then jack could marry her little leah! oh this is just perfect :) okay funny story- we went to this jewish holiday party or something last night and there was this girl that looked exactly like your sister stephanie-but needless to say everyone she was drunk-cuz they all drink like crazy. she was a young college student wearing mickey mouse ears & holding a buzz lightyear toy in her hand (what the ??) ya that's what i thought! but all night she would jump up and scream and twirl her buzzlightyear around in her hand and all i could do was laugh (inside of course) and think of your sister-weird but sooooooo funny!
I can't believe the things Kendra finds on the floor! I just vacuum, and get everything cleaned up, or so I think and the next thing I know Kendra has something in her mouth again! I don't know where they find these things! I'm glad Jack was okay! He is so cute and is getting so big!
cute spring flowers! don't worry i am sure spring is just around the corner. isn't it great how EVERYTHING goes in babies mouthes! i thought for sure you were going to say you found something he swallowed in his diaper! but i am really glad the story didn't end that way, that would have been really scary!
P is putting everything in his mouth also. Sometimes it's scary and sometimes it's just what babies do.
You can never underestimate them. They are smart little guys.
He's so cute by the way. I love the pic of him and Justin.
You both look so great.
Post a Comment