Saturday, March 8, 2008

Snow, snow, and more snow!

It has not stopped snowing once since yesterday morning. We are expected to have over two feet when all is said and done. Justin shoveled the driveway for me this morning so that I could go to the gym. I went and picked up Brittany, but barely made it down her road. Then, it had snowed so much and drifted so bad while we were sweating on the treadmill that we got stuck in the parking lot! Luckily three guys that felt sorry for us as we were trying to dig ourselves out with our hands, came with a shovel and eventually pushed us out. I had my window rolled down and they kept yelling out all these instructions. "Reverse! Forward! Reverse! Gun it! Give it some gas! Reverse! Forward!" Needless to say, I got a full lesson on how to get your car out of the snow. :) So I made it home, thanks heavens, but Justin had to shovel the driveway AGAIN just so I could pull in the garage! Now it is 3pm and I am looking out the window and can't even see down our street. It is dumping. We had a ward activity tonight that has been canceled and the news is telling everyone not to leave their house unless you have to. It's days like these that I think we need to upgrade to a SUV!

7 comments:

Cassie said...

i know what you mean about the SUV, it seems like you guys always get our leftover weather!! Starting tomorrow though it is suppose to heat up and we are suppose to have a day that is 56 this week!! I am so ready for spring, or is there such a thing out here?? I am so burnt out of having to stay inside....not because I am worried to drive but because of all the other crazy Iowa drivers around us! Hopefully you guys get some sun this week too!

The Heaton's said...

yikes! i definitely am glad you were able to make it home. thank goodness there are still some nice people out there! it seems like every year around the end of winter there is a big snow storm; and spring seems hopeless, but it's just around the corner.
an SUV is pretty much the best thing EVER especially in the snow. Also every time i go to put connor/carseat in the honda i think...man i am glad i have an SUV. i seriously can't figure out how to get him in and out of that car (maybe i am just too tall).

Kara said...

That scenario sounds all too familiar...glad it's you and not me this time!

Denisse said...

Oh! Stace! That was a really sweet comment your left on our blog! Thank you!!! I'm sorry to hear about all the snow...what happened to you today was me pretty much EVERYDAY on January and part of February...you know that parking lot by the Smith Building and the dorms??? Yeah right there...guys had to push my annoying BMW WITH snow tires pretty much everyday for a month! It really was annoying!!!!! Anyway, so I totally can sympathize with your experience today! NOT FUN! Darn snow! I'm so sick of winter, I'm sooooo ready for spring. Drive safe!!! Love ya guys!

Angie Penrose said...

yuck! glad its not here. :) you need to post a picture of it. what does justin do about school? do they cancel it or what?

Jessica said...

Didn't you learn some mad winter driving skills in Rexburg? It's a good thing you have a cute baby to entertain you while you're stuck in the house!

Holly said...

It's been like that here every other day since Christmas! I'm SO sick of it. Luckily it is starting to melt (but then it snowed again on Saturday). I can't wait for Spring!!