Sunday, March 2, 2008

George Strait & Little Big Town


Friday, Justin's Air Force recruiter called wondering if we wanted some George Strait tickets for Saturday. We aren't the biggest country music fans but we weren't about to turn down a free date! Him and his wife were originally going to come with us but their babysitter canceled on them so we called our friends, Holly and Adam at the last minute.

The band Little Big Town opened for him and they were so good!! We both thought that they were more entertaining than George Strait. They had amazing harmony and were a lot of fun to watch. I will definitely be down loading some of their songs soon.

Oops! Sorry Justin...did you want to be in the picture? :)



I swear George Strait has been around FOREVER!! I was actually surprised at how many songs I knew. Overall, it was a really fun night. We didn't feel like we were in Cleveland anymore. There were cowboys wearing tight jeans and boots and cowboy hats all over the place! I love to people watch so it was one of the highlights of the night for me!

9 comments:

Kristi Clinger said...

How fun for you guys. I love George Strait's music. I've seen him also in concert and he's not a great performer. He just stands there really, but I love the way he sings.

The Heaton's said...

too fun! concerts are always a blast, especially when they are free.

Angie Penrose said...

FUN! I'm not a crazy country fan either, but you can neer pass up a free date. :)

Janelle said...

Lucky girl! I like country music, but I'm not generally a big fan of George Strait (I like his older stuff, not more recent stuff as much), but he's one of those legendary artists that you just don't turn down. How fun!

Jessica said...

I'm not feeling happy for you at all, I'M TOO JEALOUS!!! I cannot believe you got free tickets to see Little Big Town (probably my favorite band) and the King of country music! I would kill for those tickets! Oh well, I guess I'm glad you had fun. Whatever.

Denisse said...

I'm glad you were able to be together!...Scott and I love to people watch too Stace!! I think it's so fun! Glad you enjoyed the opening band...I have to say that George Strait is not my favorite either...

Sherwoods said...

I love little big town...jealous. Too fun.

Whitney said...

DBJ: Don't be Jealous! that's what i have to keep telling myself!! i love george!! i'm fully jealous that you got FREE tickets- who does that?? :) i love lookin at your blog- glad you and k-dawg had a good time! SSZS all the way!

Melissa said...

Hey Stacey it is Melissa Miller from beauty school. I found you through Teasha's blog and I want to keep in touch. Your family is beautiful. E-mail me so I can invite you to my blo bright_star07@msn.com
See ya girl