Saturday, February 16, 2008

Thanks Justin!

Justin gave me a huge surprise for my birthday and sent Jack and I to my parent's house for a week. It was a blast! It is so nice to see family after being so far away. The traveling part of it is not my favorite. On our way there, we got to the airport and told us that there was a huge storm in Chicago where we were supposed to have a layover. They gave me the option of flying through Phoenix instead. Last time I checked, that isn't exactly on the way to Seattle. We took the offer though, knowing that we probably wouldn't even make it out of Chicago that day. Needless to say, it took us 16 hours to finally get there!! That is a long time to hold a baby on your lap. :) And did I mention that on the way back, Jack had a COMPLETE BLOWOUT?! Poop everywhere! From the top of his back down to his socks. That was super fun to clean up on an airplane. It was worth it though!! We miss you guys already. :( My mom and dad just hate the fact that Jack lives so far away. I don't think they care quite as much about Justin and I, but to see Jack, I think they would do just about anything.


This is Riley's funny face...what a goof ball!



I have been wanting to get a picture of Jack and his great Grandma's and Grandpa's. This is my Grandma and Grandpa Brownell. It was nice to see so much family!


Little bathing buddies.
I love the straight smile from Jack. Riley was always insisting on taking care of Jack. He would make sure he had a toy and kept trying to keep him entertained. Angie has been trying to explain to him that "Baby Jack" had to go back home, but he still thinks that he is going to be coming over soon. Sad!

I love this face!!! He was feeding himself a ritz cracker. What a mess! Jack had fun seeing his Grandma's and Grandpa's, Aunts and Uncles and definitely all the COUSINS! Justin missed us at home but felt better after Jack talked to him on the phone. It was so funny to see his response when he heard Justin's voice. He loves his daddy.


Grandma Gorrell... another Great Grandma. :) We hope you can make it to our house sometime soon!!


There is something about this little guy that makes you want to squeeze him!


Over all it was such a fun trip! I was able to do so many fun things, including a slumber party with my older sister, Angie and brother, Scott. You are never too old for slumber parties, I say! I can't wait for the next time we get to see everyone.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

We're glad you had a safe trip. I can't imagine it would be too fun on the plane ride! How did Jack do being away from home? And without his Daddy? I'm sure you're all glad you're home.

Angie Penrose said...

Defenitely never to old for slumber parties! tee,hee! I wish we could do that every weekend. :) I like how you put the hot girls at the top. :)

Denisse said...

Stace! I'm so glad you had such a fun time with your family! Those pictures of Jack and your grandparents are awesome! You will treasure those forever. And Riley is so darn cute...I want to squeeeeze him too!!!:)

The Heaton's said...

it looks like you had anwesome time! i love the great grandparent pictures too, so special. there is just nothing like family. i had a great idea on how to consolidate your traveling time...you should transfer schools and move closer to all of us!!! we would all be very happy!

TerriLyn said...

What a perfect birthday gift! How fun!! I'm sorry about that long flight and the blowout. Crazy!

Rachel said...

What cute pictures. Sounds like a fun trip! It is so fun to see family when you are so far away!