Saturday, November 10, 2007

Super Stephanie Wells


Well, I just have to say that my sister-in-law, Stephanie Wells, is amazing! (I have to say her last name because there are about 50 Stephanie's in my life and it's hard to keep them all straight!) She is a super woman to the max. Always doing cute things for other people, always nice, rides horses (hence the picture of her and Spencer), rides four wheelers, has a cute house, and has four kids who never seem to run out of energy. She also is a great cook and has shared some amazing recipes with me that I am going to share with you. They are super easy to make, and so yummy. I swear cooking dinner, for me, is like a full time job. Making sure you have the ingredients, deciding WHAT to cook (that's the all time worst), etc, etc. I don't make anything that isn't easy mainly because with my luck I would spend all that time on it and something would go wrong making it a huge waste of my time. So if I am making it, you know it's a breeze.

White Chili

3 cans Northern White Beans (including the juice)
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. garlic salt
1 tsp. chili powder
1 C. white onion - chopped
1 C. salsa (Pase Pecante mild)
6 C. chicken stock (4 for a thicker chili)
3-4 chicken breasts - cooked and cubed

Put everything in the crock pot on LOW for 3-4 hours. Serve with sour cream, monterey jack cheese and white corn tortilla chips.

Cream Cheese Chicken

4 or 5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in strips
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 (8 oz.) cream cheese
1 pkg. dry chicken gravy mix

Brown the chicken strips. Combine all other ingredients and beat with an electric mixer until mostly smooth. Add chicken and put everything in the crock pot. Cook on LOW for 6-7 hours. Serve over rice, mashed potatoes or noodles

Let me know how it goes!

2 comments:

Chris said...

Your house is so cute. I love the houses in the midwest because they have so much charm. I love the little wreath. I'm sure you run a "tight ship" around there and I am sure the carpets are clean as ever (I just remember that you always seemed to be vacuuming (or however you spell it).

Denisse said...

I'm going to have to try these recipes! I have found some SUPER easy ones too on Kraftfoods.com I'll have to post our favorites too. There is a pineapple pork one in the crock pot that is delicious! I'm glad you started this Stace! I totally agree about how hard it is to think about what you're going to make for dinner and then when you get started everything is complicated! I LOVE easy recipes that are delicious!