Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween

It's that time of year again! I cannot believe that October has come and gone and you know what that means.....the Holidays are on their way!! I can't wait! But Halloween definitely is one of the most fun holidays of the year. I love the costumes, parties and trick-or-treaters! We held a Halloween party at our house on Saturday that turned out to be a blast. Costumes were required and were a definite hit. We had everything from pumpkins to hockey players to cats (aka...Stacey) to cowboys (aka...Justin). We decorated cookies, carved pumpkins and had dinner. Jack didn't last in his costume very long, especially the hat. We did get some cute pictures though, so I guess that's all that counts. Thank you to everyone who came! It was so much fun! I hope everyone else had a great Halloween as well!!!

"Jack"-O-Lantern. I love that face!




My pumpkin is the top one, and Justin's is below.

So this Halloween season has brought on an unusual hatred for squirrels. I had so many cute pumpkins lining the steps up to our front door. One day, after Jack and I went running, we were sitting outside and I was catching my breath on our front steps. I heard a strange noise and turned around to see a squirrel sitting right next to me eating one of my pumpkins! I was so mad that I got up and immediately chased it away. Obviously I wasn't scary enough because every few days or so, I would find another pumpkin with big bite marks all over it, or the pumpkin was completely gone! I went from 10 pumpkins to 4 in no time. Then, yesterday Jack and I were pulling out of our driveway when I saw one walking up to Justin's pumpkin that he had spent so long carving. I stopped the car and started running after it! I was NOT going to let it ruin that one as well! But the squirrel just looked at me, walked up to Justin's pumpkin, grabbed the spider part and ran up the tree! I was so mad! I officially hate squirrels.

Matt and Taylor had the best costumes by far!!! His wrestling suit actually has a fan that constantly keeps him inflated!! It was hilarious!




The Mecham's brought their son Jackson, and we went trick-or-treating down our street. I love his kangaroo costume!! And yes....Jack is only five months old, so of course Justin and I ate all of his candy! :) We already bought the costume, so we figured we might as well get something out of it! Haha!!

5 comments:

Dawn said...

That looks so fun Stacey. Your family is so cute. Man Jack is getting so big. Well looks like you are doing good. Talk at you later.

Karlee said...

Jack is too cute in his little costume! I've always wanted to throw a good Halloween party! It looks like y'all did it!

Ashley Robinson said...

I was laughing my head off about the squirrel episodes! I can just see you getting out of your car running after a squirrel to save Justin beloved pumpkin! Come on how ticked off can lil Stacey get...the most patient person in the world.

Denisse said...

What a darn cute pumpkin!!!!! I love that little boy and I have only seen him in person a few times! We are sooooo excited to see you all at Christmas time!!!!!!!!!! YEAH!

Anonymous said...

How did you get such a perfect family? Jack is an adorable pumpkin and Justin actually dressed up for the party! How did you do that? David won't even wear a Dracula cape over his regular clothes! And your pumpkins were amazing! I'll bet you had the cutest Halloween doorstep in town! -Jess