Saturday, August 21, 2010

DC with the Heaton's

Justin's mom and dad came out to Cleveland for part of Justin's summer break. They decided they wanted to go to DC so Friday after Justin finished working on their teeth, we got in the car and made the drive. Of course, we are a little biased because going to DC means we get to see some of our favorite people, they Jensen's! We stayed at their house and had such a great time.

Saturday was our first day of touring around and we chose to start out at the monuments. Scott came with us and since it was 105 degrees and about 100% humidity, Denisse was more than happy to volunteer to keep all the kiddos at home. We saw the Lincoln, Washington, WWII, and Vietnam monuments.
We also hit up the Air and Space Museum, and the White House.

Denisse decided to brave the pool with the kiddos one of the days she watched them and they all had a blast together.
Braden loved to jump into the water and just swim around. Jack was a little worried about him and kept trying to rescue him and pull him up out of the water. :)

These three have such a great time together!
Thanks for watching them Denisse! Jack LOVES to be with you guys and it made our sight seeing much more enjoyable!! We owe you!

Saturday night, Denisse and I went to "get something for church" and came back with Ryan! He had been planning to secretly come out and meet us and we picked him up at the Metro station. Justin and Bob and Denise had no idea and were so surprised. We were so excited to have him come and be with us!
After church on Sunday, we went to the National Cathedral. It is such a beautiful building! It was one of my favorite things that we saw.

Denisse took these pictures. :)



The kids were looking at this picture and there conversation went something like this...

Braden: That's Jesus.
Brielle: He's resurrected!
Jack: He's not dead anymore.

It's funny to hear their thoughts.

My cousin Holly lives just minutes from the Jensen's. She was able to spend Sunday with us at the cathedral and the Arlington Cemetery. She also watched Anderson for me on Monday! I have such great family and friends!
Top of the Arlington Cemetery.


On Monday we hit up the National Archives, which was very cool. They have the Declaration of Independance, the Constitution, and Bill of Rights. It was amazing to see these original documents. We also saw the Holocaust museum, where I got lost from everyone for an hour. I thought I was the last one and that they were all in front of me but I was really the first. I had a slight panic attack when I couldn't find anyone and they don't let you go back in once you've finished looking. But to make a long story short, they were all still looking around the museum and they eventually came out an hour after I did. :) I was so relieved when Justin came out!!

After that we went over to the Library of Congress and the Capital building. There are so many fun things to see and do there.

Ryan had to fly out Tuesday morning and head back to Las Vegas. We are so glad he came!!

Anderson had a fever off and on all weekend and was not feeling well on Tuesday. So I chose to stay home with Denisse and the kids while Justin and his parents hit up a few more sites, including a tour of the capital building.
Here Bob and Justin are in line for food at the FDR monument. :)

We had a great trip and are so thankful to the Jensen's for letting us invade their house for a few days!!

2 comments:

Denisse said...

ha ha ha ha! Brielle is sitting next to me looking at your blog and she just saw the picture of you and me and she's like "um, mom I think Stacey is a little taller than you." yeah, thanks for stating the facts Brielle! But yeah, it looks like you're towering over me in that picture! Am I really that much shorter? man! I was definitely not blessed in the height department was I??? ha!!!:) Anyway, I loved this post! and I'm so glad everyone had a fun time! I loved having everyone here! Hopefully we can see each other before too long...may be some time in the winter when we are just bored out of our minds...love you guys!

The Heaton's said...

you have been a super poster! Ryan had so much fun with you guys! Thanks so much for helping plan and getting the details worked out. i think he was spoiled that weekend, and he still talks about how denisse is such a yummy cook!