
Last week Justin and I celebrated our 5th anniversary together. What a fun milestone this has been for us! 5 years ago, we were both in school at BYU-Idaho and now we have two kids, live in Cleveland, OH and almost done with dental school. My how time changes things.
Justin let me sleep in a little that morning while he made breakfast and displayed the 5 bouquets of flowers which he and Jack picked out. Later that night, our friend, Jenni from Justin's class came to watch the boys while we went and ate at our favorite hamburger place...B Spot. They have the BEST food!! It was so yummy.
Before we went out to eat, it was time for me to reveal my little project I had been working on for a good month or so. Justin and I have always hated our bedroom. It is the catch all that never seems to be picked up and was not decorated. For 3 yrs since we have lived there, Justin has asked me when I was going to do something with our room. I just never knew what I wanted to do. But after looking at a million blogs and inspiration from a few friends, I finally figured out what I wanted to do with it and did it secretly. I have been stashing my haircutting money and buying things here and there, hoping it would all come together like I had pictured in my head, and I LOVE it!

I repainted the blue table from the bedroom set that we got from his Grandma Palmer. The chair was given to me by our neighbor who moved so I painted and reupholstered it. I also had my sisters edit some of my wedding pictures that I had printed along with a couple of new ones from a recent shoot Angie did while she was here.

These dressers were also part of the old bedroom set and I somehow convinced Justin to help me repaint them about a month ago. He never knew that I had a bigger plan in mind!

I got this headboard for $20 off of craigslist, painted it and hid it in a friend's garage. I painted my mirror, a bunch of frames and the inside of my fireplace. It used to be just white.

I was going to put a "before picture" but I was too embarrassed! Seriously...my room was BAD.

Now....I LOVE IT!! Justin was so surprised and super excited about it. Now we actually have a peaceful and relaxing space all to ourselves that we might actually want to be in! Before it was just chaos and ugliness, and that usually included a mound of laundry (or 2!).

We can finally sleep in peace. :)
17 comments:
Looks awesome! I love it!!!! Isn't it funny how sometimes it just takes sooo long for a room to come together, just the way you like it? Way to go! Happy Anniversary!
Your bedroom looks so cute! I love it! Especially the dressers!
It looks amazing! You did an awesome job. What a great idea for a gift!
Wow! Your room looks amazing. Those dressers are awesome. What a great hand-me-down! :)
P.S. Congrats on 5 years! Has it really been that long? That's so sweet that Justin surprised you with a trip to Niagra Falls.
Wow, Stacey, it looks GREAT! You did such a nice job pulling it all together! I especially love the headboard and curtains and the painted furniture! IT looks great. You should be very proud!
Happy Anniversary you two! I have loved Justin from day one and am so grateful that he has been such an incredible husband and father to you and your kids. You definitely deserve the best! I LOVE your new room Stacey. It looks so good. You should write a book about redoing rooms on a budget - you seriously are so good! Love you guys!
Happy Anniversary!! LOVE your new do in your room! It looks SOO good! Want to come do mine? We are in desperate need of a makeover..the only difference...Kent could totally care less and always says "one day!" I wish I did hair so I could stash some cash on the side & redo it without him knowing!
Good job on the room! That is so crazy it has been five years ago we were working at reflections talking about your wedding! That seems like yesterday and at the same time forever ago! We just had our seventh anniversary in the16th! It makes me feel so old! Ha ha time flies when your having fun! :)
I'm glad you posted a pic of the frames too- they turned out so cute! Everything looks great!
You are just too amazing! LOVE the room makeover!
It's so weird that you got married five years ago. I still remember your wedding dress, you looked stunning.
You & Marci are the only 2 people I know who fell in love at first sight, which I think is super cute! David & Brian had to do some convincing to me & Bobbie! LOL!
Congrats to you both on a perfect life! :)
I have been waiting for these Stace! It looks soooo good! You did a great job! It makes me want to get started on my night stands. I bought the paint the other day. I'm excited! and I'm seriously so proud of you for pulling this off and surprising Justin! Happy Anniversary to both of you! I still remember your wedding day and how you were laughing uncontrollably during your sealing...and I will never forget how worried I was that I would puke in the middle of it because I was pregnant with Brielle! Crazy! I can't believe that was 5 years ago! Love you guys!
LOVE IT! You did such a good job, and I love the dressers in white. Nice work!
It turned out great. I really like the little sitting area. You did a good job. Love- MOM
Can you come and decorate my bedroom? I love it!
BTW, Happy Anniversary!
Happy 1/2 decade! everything looks really cute. i espcially love the sitting area. But my favorite is the dressers, specifically the hardware (knobs and handles)! Is that the original hardware, i love it, it adds so much character!!!!! I need the motivation (and $$$) to do cute projects like yours! Lots of gold stars for you :)
Wow, it looks amazing! I love your style. So trendy, clean, and yet fun!
Hey Stacey, I just decided to do a little blog hopping this afternoon. Glad I found yours! Great job on the bedroom but I especially LOVE the dresser! The pictures of your boys are so cute! Jack has grown up alot and it's fun to see pictures of your youngest since I don't think I've ever seen him. I hope everything is going well for you guys! These pictures make me miss Cleveland! :)
Post a Comment