Sunday, September 28, 2008

Patterson Fruit Farm




I think I found my new favorite place to go in the fall. The Patterson Fruit Farm is about a half hour from our house and you go on the most beautiful drive to get there. I swear this area has some of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. I love that about Ohio. On the weekends they do a family fun fest where you can take a tractor and hay ride out to a big play area. You can also pick out a pumpkin, pick your own apples and pick your own strawberries when they are in season. Brittany and I took the boys there the other day and we loved it!
Jack had so much fun!! He loves tractors and pretty much anything that moves right now. The whole time he kept saying "Ta-tow!" meaning, tractor- while making a very excited, very funny face demonstrated in the picture above. He was cracking me up.
This little guy, Jackson, actually had his first experience of committing a crime. :) Brittany found some candy in his pocket that he had taken from the little store! She made him take it back and apologize, but it didn't seem to phase him at all. How can the store clerk get mad at that little face?


I think I found the pumpkin I want Mom!




We were on our way back to the car from the pumpkin patch and I look back and find Jack just sitting in the grass folding his arms and checking things out. I'm not sure why he was folding his arms, but it was funny. He sat there forever watching the tractor go by and whatever else was going on. I finally had to go pick him up to put him in the car. He was not happy. I think we will be making more trips to the Patterson Farm.


15 comments:

Lara said...

Oh, that looks like so much fun! We went to the apple farms last year, and I just loved it.

Denisse said...

I love fall!!!! and pumpkins are one thing about fall that I just LOVE!!!! Jack looks soooo dang cute just sitting there with his arms folded!!! Can he get any cuter?????

Anonymous said...

he looks like he was having a blast. The pumpkin he picked is as big as he is. What an awesome place. Love the face and folded arms. How cute. MOM H

The Heaton's said...

jack is becoming such a big boy! i love his blonde hair. he looks so cute reverently sitting in the grass! the story about jackson was funny. cute little pumpkin patch, the pumpkin jack picked is over half his size!

Mackenzie said...

I came across your blog...Jack is such a cutie! We live in Everett, WA so visit us when you are in the area! Congrats to Justin on the completion of his first year!

Karlee said...

That's SUCH a cute place! I wonder if we have anything like that around here...! Jack is getting SO big and SO cute (like always). He's SO smart! I'm VERY impressed...maybe he can teach Boston some of those words..

Nat said...

How fun! I love autumn and all the beautiful weather and colors. I'm glad Jack had such a fun time. That picture of him sitting in the field is priceless. What a cutie!

Ash & Tim said...

Love the pictures the farm looks like fun. My favorite is the picture of Jack trying to pick up the pumpkin too cute! I can't believe how big he is getting. Nice job on the dehydrating fruit -my favorite is apples with cinnamon.

Jessica said...

Jack is the cutest little pumpkin ever! When are you guys coming our way again? It'd better be soon because you need to meet Bransen. Davy only has girls to play with so it'd be nice to have Jack around for a little while!

Kallee said...

Hello Justin! I'm so glad you took the time to comment on our blog. It has been so fun to look at yours. Your wife and baby are beautiful and it looks like they have a lot of fun together!

Clayton is acutally interviewing at Case on the 16th of this month. I'm really not sure what his plans are in terms of transportation and where he is staying. I know he has a few friends and some of the schools, I'm just not sure which schools. Thanks so much for being so willing to help out. I'll talk to Clay tonight.

You're right, it's been so fun to think back to the days of "Riviera" and "Crestwood", the Wednesday night theme parties, and the ballroom dancing (watching on my part:).

Thanks again, so good to catch up with friends from the past!

Matt, Stephanie and Hayden Berglind said...

Seriously, could he be any cuter?? I don't think so! I love the videos you posted too! I have watched them each a couple of times. I make sure Hayden watches them so when you guys come he will recognize his friend Jack! haha.

Jensen said...

Jack is so cute with the pumpkins. I want to take Nathanial to a pumpkin patch. Ryan is still planning on staying with you guys, if it is still OK. His flight gets into Cleveland at 4:00 pm on Sunday and he leaves early Tuesday morning. Ryan called Justin and left a message on his phone. We really appreciate you letting Ryan stay with you. Let us know if this still works if not then we can make other plans. Thanks again!

Rachel said...

So cute! I think we are going there this weekend, if it doesn't rain. I love that Jack is folding his arms. What a reverent boy!

The Laws said...

To dry pineapple we use a corer/slicer that we found at williams-sonoma and it cuts it between 1/4 and 1/2 inch thick in slices, before we had that we just cut the outside off with a knife and cut the core out with a knife, it's just easier with the tool from W-S. Have fun!!

Camille and Luke said...

I can't believe my Jackson stole something!!! I guess I'll just have to watch my candy stash! haha And "Baby" Jack looks sooo cute with his arms folded! Have fun!
Camille