We went with the Hurst's to the big aquarium here. It is in such a pretty spot! The view was extremely beautiful. You can look straight out to Ie Island (pronounced ee-ay, I believe).
You never get tired of seeing that beautiful water.
I was looking the aquarium up on Wikipedia and it said that the Ocean Expo Park, where the aquarium is, was originally built in 1975 for the World's Fair. After the park began losing tourists, they built the aquarium to revive the area. It's a great aquarium, but the day we went it was so crowded!
We've seen this fish when we snorkeled out at Zamami island!
When you google Okinawa, there are always pictures of this huge whale shark tank. We have been showing pictures of it to the boys since we found out we were moving there. As soon as we walked up to this area, I said "Jack, look!" He turned around to me and with a huge smile said, "Best day ever!" It was priceless. He has been dying to go there and he was just as excited as we hoped he would be.
We even got to eat lunch right next to the whale sharks. The kids could barely focus on their lunch. They were too busy watching everything swim by!
We thought the aquarium was a cool building. It had some fun architecture.
We ended our day with the outdoor dolphin show and a stop at the park. The kids thought these nets were so fun. I thought it would be cool to have a smaller version in your back yard. Endless entertainment!



5 comments:
How fun! That looks like an awesome aquarium!
Looks like a fun place! The weather still looks nice too :) Great update!!
Wow, that aquarium looks amazing! How much fun :) Glad you guys are loving it.
Glad you guys are finding out all the awesome places we need to see when we get there!!! I am sure both of the boys have grown at least a foot since we saw them in July!!!
That aquarium looks super awesome!! I want to go!
Post a Comment