Halloween has come and gone!! The time is flying by and I am in shock that I am already making some final preparations for Thanksgiving.
The kids of course enjoyed Halloween. We started out with our branch Trunk or Treat. I wanted to put the bottom picture on because it was better lighting and better quality, but Jack wasn't looking so great. So I put both. :)
We were a random hodgepodge of costumes. I, of course always want a theme of some sort, but my kids had other plans in mind. Oh well, maybe next year. They had both been wearing their costumes around the house for weeks before Halloween, just waiting for the actual "Halloween".
Our friends the Hurst's, had my favorite theme of the night...
Nacho Libre.
Henry makes a very convincing Nacho.
We had a lot of pumpkins this Halloween.
Anderson started drawing them. Even though they are a little creepy looking, I was so impressed that he could actually make the circle and stem and eyes. This is a first for him.
After seeing a post on a blog I follow, I decided to paint a pumpkin. My first canvas painting, and I must say, I enjoyed every second of it. Jack was at school, Anderson was at a friend's house, and it was just me, in a quiet house, painting. I might just try a Christmas one next!
Then there was the pumpkin we carved! We started out with three pumpkins from the store and this one was the only one that lasted long enough to even carve. The others went moldy. Luckily the kids didn't seem to care.
Anderson got the flu (twice now!) but was better in time for the big day. They were so excited to go trick or treating. It was fun walking around the neighborhood with them. I love seeing them so happy and excited about something.
And the best part of it all was that they never noticed when I threw 75% of their candy in the garbage! I'm so mean.


2 comments:
I forgot to say that I love your little pumpkin painting! You're so talented. I could never do something like that. Now, I think you need to make me one!:)
Your painting turned out amazing! I would pay you to make me one! Nice job. :)
Post a Comment