Thursday, September 20, 2012

Salt Lake City

So my computer is officially off the floor, and my house is in order. It took us one week. One week of working all...day...every...day. Now that we can function as a somewhat normal family, I can now put my attention on other things, such as my blog! I need to get our summer up to date so I can put some more pictures from Japan. Anyways, here's a start.

After the movers packed our house, the boys and I headed to the Great Salt Lake. Justin stayed behind to finish up his residency. Poor guy was stuck in our empty house with nothing but an air mattress for two weeks. We sold our Highlander the day we left so he was without a car as well. Let's just say he was totally bored!!
Jack and Anderson did awesome on the flights there. I am always nervous to travel by myself with them. You never know what's going to happen or how things will go. Fortunately for me, they did great. Isn't it sad that Anderson can just be in the seat without a car seat? He is so big lately and I really don't like it. I was watching a little home video of him from a year ago and it is crazy how much he has grown. His voice was so little and cute, and now it's almost his third birthday. Time goes by way too fast.
 We got our luggage and went to pick up our rental car. Of course my luggage cart was overflowing with car seats and suitcases and the lady behind the counter starts telling me that she is just going to "go ahead and upgrade the car for only ten dollars." She didn't ask, she just started doing it. At first I think, sweet. That will be nice. Then I asked her, "Umm...is that ten dollars a day? I'm going to be gone for ten days which would be another hundred dollars. Can I just have the car that I payed for online?" She then starts looking at my luggage cart up and down and asks, "Is that all YOUR luggage? If you get to the parking lot and realize that it's not all going to fit, just bring the keys back and I'll finish the upgrade." By this point, there was no way I was going to walk back in that office. I would have tied my suitcase on top of the Ford Focus before I came back in and told her it didn't fit!! So I made it fit, and off we went to Justin's sister's house. (They have their own separate post!)

 I arranged for my niece to watch the boys while I met up with these two lovely ladies. My two besties from preschool. We literally have been friends since we were three. We ate at the Blue Lemon, which had the best food, and sat and talked about Enumclaw and lots of memories. Mostly which were quite embarrassing to recall. We were quite silly when we were little! We got to meet Ashley's husband and little girl and then Andria and I spent the night wandering around City Creek and Temple Square. I loved every minute of it.



 We made a stop at the Mortensen's house. I love seeing how much these cuties have grown!
I have friends that make moving far away a little unfair. Kara is one of those friends.


 One of the main reasons for leaving Justin so early was so I could go to my cousin's wedding. 
 Preston walked Holly down the aisle, barefoot and all. That little Preston could not be any cuter! My Uncle Mark performed the wedding ceremony. It was a beautiful evening and quite enjoyable without my children, might I add. I think my niece McKenna needs to move in with me!





 I was able to see friends, grandparents, aunts and uncles, and lots of cousins, who I don't get to see often enough. I wished I could have stayed all night talking and laughing with everyone. It was really great to see them before we moved.

1 comment:

Jenny B. said...

Stacey...just love reading about your family and all your adventures! Can't wait to read more about where you are now!