Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Atlanta

 Justin had a dental conference in Atlanta, Georgia and we decided to tag along with him. We had never been to Atlanta, and it was about a 6 hour drive, which wasn't too bad. We stayed right down town, and loved it. Atlanta was such a great city. I wasn't sure what to expect, but we really enjoyed it. Justin had to be in classes most days, so the boys and I went exploring on our own. Luckily, Holly and Adam flew in from DC to attend the conference as well, so Holly and I spent our days together. 
We started out at the aquarium, which they say is the largest aquarium in the world. Jack and Anderson put their animals up to the penguins exhibit and the penguin would follow it when they would move it around. They thought it was so funny.

 They had a moving sidewalk through the huge tunnel, and the boys loved it. The tunnel was awesome. My camera doesn't do it justice.



 We spent lots of time in Centennial Park, which was made for the summer Olympics that were held in Atlanta in 1996. The park was so beautiful! And it was nice to have somewhere for the kids to run around, even though you were right down town.

 We spent a day at the zoo. The carousel and the train were by far the highlights for the boys. They loved the animals, but I think the rides took the cake.



 Gotta love that face! Ha!

 We went to the Museum of Natural History.


 Spent some more time at the park.


 Elder Tarver was a friend of the guys from when we lived in Cleveland. He is serving his mission there, so we looked him up and dropped by to say hi.

The Mecham's drove up from Florida for the weekend. It was so great to all be together! It's nice to have friends that you can be away from, and when you get back together, it's like you were never apart. The Mecham's and the Hurst's are those kind of friends. We had a great time together. 

It was funny because we spent a lot of time talking about location assignments for the Air Force (Adam is in the AF as well), and we kept saying how we wish we could just end up at the same base so we could live by each other for the next three years. Little did we know that we would find out shortly after that we were both going to Japan! I have no idea how that happened, but we are sure glad it did.
 These two are partners in crime. :)


5 comments:

Karlee said...

Okay, LOVE your cute pink summer dress you wore! Where did you find it?? I LOVE me a good summer dress!!!

Denisse said...

I'm glad you guys enjoyed Atlanta...that aquarium looks like a fun place...and you do look so cute in your little pink dress, Stace. I hope Justin tells you all the time how cute you are! :)

Jack's face cracks me up...those two boys are getting so big! Please do remind them that their 'aunt' Denisse loves them! show them pictures of us please so they won't forget us!

Love you guys!

Brittany Mecham said...

Oh fun times... too bad I was sick and wasn't so much fun :( Love Jacks face... reminds me of a face Adam makes! Ha Ha! Still cannot believe you and Hollie are leaving the country :( BOO!!!!! I WILL be coming to see you both and Suzi too! Can't wait for memorial weekend!!

Nat said...

How fun! I love the aquarium pictures - so neat! And congrats on your placement news. Japan! We're excited for you!

Sherwoods said...

So fun! Glad you guys got to visit. Isn't the aquarium cool? Great pictures!