Monday, April 16, 2012

Easter

We had a great Easter. The weather was beautiful and we enjoyed going to church and remembering the real meaning for the holiday. I love that Easter is always on a Sunday. It helps us to keep our Savior in our thoughts and reflect on the resurrection and atonement. Hopefully my kids can one day see past the baskets and eggs. I have a friend who does Easter baskets and egg hunts on Saturday, and then focuses on the Savior on Sunday. I think I might try that next year.

I thought the boys looked really cute in their ties. 
(I'm not sure why my bracelet is up to my elbow!)

 Our lovely art work!

 We had a super yummy dinner with friends. The kids were dying to do the egg hunt. We had to prep Jack multiple times, letting him know that we would be eating dinner first, BEFORE the egg hunt. We were hoping we could eat in peace without him asking 100 times when we were doing the egg hunt. He lasted about ten minutes. I guess it's just too hard to focus on dinner when you have an egg hunt coming up. 
 Anderson, Henry, Lillie, Jack


Lillie quickly decorated herself with all the stickers and silly bands that were in the eggs. Anderson on the other hand, could have cared less about the stickers. He would shake his eggs and if it didn't sound like there was candy in it, he tossed it aside. He was after one thing and one thing only.

I'm thankful for good friends to make your holidays special, even with no family around.

4 comments:

Jenny B. said...

Looks like a fun Easter, and your family is SO cute! Love keeping up with you guys! :)

Sherwoods said...

Such a beautiful family! Looks like a fun Easter!

Denisse said...

You guys are beautiful. Love the family picture.

I can totally picture Anderson sorting through his eggs and keeping the ones just with candy...reminds me of two kids I know that live in my house!:)

Love you guys!

idaho grandma said...

Great family photo. The boys look way too grown up. Cute colors too. I agree with Denisse as well. We both laughted when we read what Anderson did. The kid knows what he wants and what is important!!!! Love you guys.