We had a really great Valentine's Day this year. The older the boys get, the more excited they are about little holidays and Valentine's was no exception. Jack had a fun party at preschool, although I feel like they eat so much junk at their school. Jack will tell me what they have for snack some days (like cake and ice cream) and it kind of bothers me. I asked Jack if it was someone's birthday since they had cake and ice cream for snack and he told me no, that's just what we had. Awesome. Plus, when you sign up to bring something, it has to be prepackaged and store bought. So you can't bring fruit or make muffins, or something like that might actually be healthy. I mean, what comes prepackaged that is good for you? Almost nothing. (am I complaining too much?) Anyways, my plans of suckers and super hero capes quickly changed as we tried to come up with a "non-candy" valentine. Jack picked out the slinkies, so I found a cute printable valentine to match. And yes, I wrote his name on them. I did these the night before and knew that it would take him forever to write on all of them in the morning, so I wrote it for him. Lame, right? Oh well...next year.
He was all smiles after I let him wear something besides his "pink" shirt. :)
Justin brought me these balloons. They make for great entertainment for the boys.
The weather was so great that day. I think it was 72 and sunny. I have never had a birthday with that kind of weather. Justin got home early (bonus!) so we decided to take a walk to the park and enjoy the sun. Then we headed back for dinner. The boys thought these mail boxes were so awesome. I got them in the dollar section from Target. Jack has been wanting to plant some seeds to watch them grow, and I found these little pots (also in the dollar section) that comes with the dirt and seeds, so I thought they would be perfect. We planted them the next day and they check on them every morning to see how they have grown. I've been taking pictures to show their progress on a later post. :)
Justin and the boys made me a pink cake. They were dying to help me blow out the candles. Anderson had been asking me for a couple weeks before my birthday, "Do you want to blow out the candles with me mom? That'd be fun!" They had a fun time, although Jack thought it was a little lame that I didn't have any friends come or presents to open. I was totally spoiled with presents from friends, family and Justin, but I had either already opened them, or they didn't come wrapped. Obviously not Jack's kind of party!
Am I really 28?
That just doesn't seem right. This year is my high school ten year reunion. That is crazy to me! Only one more birthday in my 20's. That is so not cool. I feel like I'm looking older too. Not sure what it is, but I don't think I like it.
Mmmm.....cake.




6 comments:
So glad you had a great birthday! I have come to appreciate those laid back birthdays with family. :) 28 is kid stuff... try 30! YIKES! I also feel like I'm starting to look older. How did that happen?! Weren't we just little kids?
Glad you guys are doing well! :)
What a fun day! You guys made it so special for you mommy's birthday. Way to go!! Love your Valentine's that you gave your friends. Your table looked so cute. Glad you had a fun, WARM birthday. Love you guys.
When Nathan was in preschool, and it was our turn to bring snack I would usually take one thing not so healthy (like crackers or cookies), and then a couple bags of either apple slices (pre-cut) or tiny carrots that are easy for the preschoolers to eat. It worked. And honestly she said they ate the apples and carrots really well. I think they crave healthy food sometimes, they just don't know it.
And you are adorable! You don't need to worry about getting older.
2 more years until you are at your prime!!! 30 is good...I have come to terms with it. It is a crazy thing to get older. You are a beautiful 28 year old! Love ya!
you look the same to me! ps. 30 is awesome...people won't even guess you're that old when you actually are :)
you look the same to me! ps. 30 is awesome...people won't even guess you're that old when you actually are :)
Post a Comment