
I bought this shirt the other day for Jack at Old Navy. I thought it would be cute for him to wear it on Valentine's Day. So this morning, I pulled it out of his closet and he got a terrified look on his face. This is how our conversation went down...
Jack: Uggh! I am not wearing that. It is pink and people at school will make fun of me!
Me: It's not pink. Why would someone make fun of you? You will look so handsome.
Jack: No, I am not wearing it.
Me: Why?
Jack: Because people will make fun of me!!
Me: Jack, I showed this to you at the store and you said that was the color you wanted.
Jack: I just wanted you to hold it, I didn't want you to bring it home!
Me: So you want me to take it back and trade it for a different color?
Jack: Yes.
The kid is in preschool! Isn't this not supposed to be an issue yet? I didn't have the heart to make him wear it. I guess it just wasn't manly enough for him. This kid is so picky about his clothes! And the second he gets home, he changes into "comfy clothes" and then looks like an orphan. Oh well. I guess I just have to get over the fact that I can't control what he wears ALL the time...although I still try.
6 comments:
I love reading about your family! Jack always cracks me up! Happy Birthday and Valentine's Day to you! I was up after midnight and thought of you! Hope you all are well!
That's so funny :) Jeremy is pretty picky about his clothes, too. Where Megan and Emma put some horrible concoction together and think they are brilliant fashionistas.
He is too smart for his own good!
So funny! Are you gong to exchange it? He is going to be like his daddy....Justin is picky too. He comes by it naturally!
SO hilarious! I almost bought that same shirt! Boston is not particular YET about his clothes although I'm waiting for the day he won't let ME be in charge!
sounds just like tanner! he is so picky about his clothes AND shoes! I can't dress him. And he also prefers comfy clothes and looks like an orphan! hahah!
Post a Comment