Thursday, February 9, 2012

I {heart} you

 In the spirit of Valentine's Day, Jack decided to cover our back patio with hearts.
 I sure love this little boy. He has grown up so much in the past little while. He has come out of the terrible two's, which for him, seemed to last two years. We have some good conversations. He is always curious about things and asking heart felt questions. He is doing great at school and hasn't been having the listening/transitioning problems that he had last year. We are quite proud of him. It is fun to see him grow and change so much.

We had our stake conference for our church a couple weeks ago, and Elder Gonzales of the Seventy (a general authority over our region) was coming. I was explaining to Jack that he was going to speak to us and how it was really special for us to see him and hear him in Stake Conference. We got there early (I do not like sitting in the back), and while we were waiting, Jack turned to me and said, "Mom, when is Speedy Gonzales going to get here?" Oh man, I was laughing so hard! It was too cute.

4 comments:

idaho grandma said...

I love your hearts!!! I wish you were here to draw some on my sidewalk. They are very good and way colorful. You did a great job. I hope you get your Valentine box before Valentine's Day. Mommy needs to get her Birthday present too. Love you guys. Gotta love the comments. He must know who Speedy Gonzales is!! Cute!!

Karlee said...

So cute!!! He has grown up SO much! My dad does alot of church stuff with Elder Gonzales so I'll have to pass along the "speedy Gonzales" quote over to him! He will LOVE it! Its so weird to hear you mention stuff about Biloxi, Elder Gonzales, etc. You are so close to Baton Rouge where I grew up and our family is still. My dad is all over Missippi all the time so we know that area well (all those southern states in general). Its one of those places you never hear about so its fun to see you talk about it on your blog!!

Karlee said...

**MISSISSIPPI! How could I misspell that!!!!

Matt, Stephanie and Hayden Berglind said...

So cute! What a funny little boy. Thanks for all the updates! We sure miss you guys. And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I will give you a call tomorrow :)