Wednesday, January 18, 2012

When I Grow Up...

Me: Jack, what do you want to be when you grow up? Do you want to be a dentist like Daddy?
Jack: No, I want to do ALL the things. All the things a man does. Like fly airplanes and drive tractors. If I drove a tractor, I could drive anywhere I want, but they would have to show me where the steering wheel is.

Ten minutes later...

Jack: I'm going to be five on my next birthday and I'm going to have a dragon party. And then for my next birthday, I will have a star and space party with spaceships on the balloons. Then after that, I want a farm party with all different farm animals on the balloons. Then I want to have a church and temple party with all the different temples on the balloons!

We have a very manly man who thinks the temple is cool enough to have on balloons at his party.
I think it's a good combination!

4 comments:

Denisse said...

ha ha! 'all the things a man does!' that is so funny! he's thinking way ahead with the birthday parties. he did all the thinking for you Stace, now you just have to make it happen!:) Give him a big squeeze from me!

idaho grandma said...

sounds like really fun parties. Do you think he will remember when the time comes. He has a great example of things a man does, just look at his daddy, grandpas, and uncles. I love the Temple party. That's the best!!

Shauna said...

so cute!!

Sarah Stout said...

Haha... so adorable! "But they would have to show me where the steering wheel is" He cracks me up! :) You definitely have a keeper on your hands... I also love how he is planning out his birthday parties and wants to include the temple. It shows you guys are raising him right!