We went to Temple Square in Salt Lake City on the 23rd. We haven't been to Temple Square at Christmas in a long time, so we were excited to go. It was so cold that night, but we bundled up the best we could and made the best of it. The lights were amazing. The boys were super excited to see the Salt Lake temple and to see Moroni on the top. We see the SL temple in pictures all the time, but there is something amazing about seeing it in person. It is one of the most beautiful buildings I have ever seen.
The trees were solid lights.
We stopped at the reflection pond for a while to see the nativity. We stayed for a few minutes and started walking towards the Joseph Smith Memorial building to warm up and see the tree. Well about ten feet down the sidewalk Justin looks down in the stroller and Anderson is missing. He was buckled in the front seat of the stroller while we were at the pond and now he is gone. There is a million people there and I instantly burst into tears and start running back to the pond. About 30 seconds later (which felt like 30 minutes!!) we see our brother-in-law, Adam, holding him up to see the water. He had taken him out of his buckle to hold him, and neither of us saw that happen. Are we good parents or what?! My heart was pounding. For the 30 seconds that he was "missing" I thought we would never find him in that crowd. It was horrible. Something I never want to relive. Luckily he was safe and all was well, but way to give me a heart attack!
The inside of the Joseph Smith Memorial building is gorgeous. I could sit in there forever and just look around and listen to the beautiful music that was being played on the piano. There was so many people there though.
Getting out at the big tree.
It was a great night...minus the part where Anderson went missing!





3 comments:
I love SLC at Christmas time! When I was in HS I got to go sing with the choir in the JSM building. It's so moving!
I'm glad that Anderson was OK. That would have been terrifying!
Crazy night! I forgot about that. Glad he was with Adam. Your camera sure took some awesome photos. It was sure a fun night, just wish I hadn't been so cold. We also LOVED Spaghetti Factory! Family favorite.
Oh my heavens! i would have cried too! I'm SO glad Anderson was safe and you found him! Temple Square is just beautiful during Christmas time! Glad you guys enjoyed it!
Post a Comment