Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Christmas part I: Vegas

 We started out our Christmas vacation at Justin's brother's house in Las Vegas. We flew out of New Orleans so that we could fly on Southwest. It was a much better deal considering that you can take 2 free bags per ticket. And since we were taking four of us, plus our Christmas presents, we knew we were going to need as many bags as possible. When Ryan met us at the airport, he looked at all of our luggage and just laughed. It looked like we were moving in! Jack had been getting a fever off and on for a couple days, so we spent some time relaxing and getting over our bugs. As soon as we were up and running, we went and saw the Magical Forest. It was full of Christmas lights, rides, food, hot chocolate, and the favorite... a train ride through the forest.

 While we were waiting in line, Elvis was there playing his guitar and singing. Only in Vegas do you get to be entertained by Elvis at Christmas! He came right up to Jack and I said, "Smile Jack!" ...this is what I got. Haha! He did not want a picture with Elvis.
 Do you love that Jack's wolf got to come with us?

 Riding the train!!


 I have no pictures of Stephanie from our whole time in Vegas. She must have been taking all the pictures....sneaky Steph!


 The carrousel was another favorite.
 We were all smiles.....
 ...until we had to get off.



 It was a very cold night!

 These three played non stop.

 We made gingerbread houses.

 And played with this little cutie pie, Sadie. Jack calls her the Sadie bug. She is the best baby on the planet!

We left and went to Utah for a while before coming back to Las Vegas. When we got back, we took the kids bowling, which is always a hit in our family. Jack and Anderson tied with 73 points using the ramp. Not too bad!!




Ryan and Stephanie were excellent hosts, but as always, I am sure they were ready to have their house back and their normal life. Now it's their turn to come and see us. :) ...right?

1 comment:

Denisse said...

It looks like you guys had a blast! I bet the boys were happy to spend time with their cousins and grandparents. It's always nice to spend time with family.

I was talking to Holly the other day and she said she's been wanting to come to see you...I was thinking about me and Brooke coming along with her...that is if I can find an affordable ticket! :) I need to look and see...