Once a year, the primary kids (ages 3-11) in our church put on a big program focused on their theme for the year. This year was Jack's first year participating in the program. He was really excited for it and memorized his class's part right away. They all got up together and said, "The scriptures are the word of God." They were really cute. But, being the youngest class in primary, they all had a hard time staying focused on the program and being reverent while up in front of the whole congregation...Jack being one of them. He was looking around, talking to his friend Lillie who was sitting next to him, and pretty much doing anything besides singing the songs and sitting still. Well the primary president was sitting right behind them and kindly reminded them to be reverent. One of the multiple times that she reminded them, Jack turns to Lillie and says, "She thinks she's in charge but she's really not." Lillie responds, "Yes she is!" Where does he get this stuff?? How would he even know to say that? He's four! I think our next lesson in family night should be on listening to our leaders. The primary president thought it was too funny not to share with us. We did get a good laugh out of it, but really?
Hate to break it to you Jack, but the primary president really is in charge, and you need to listen to her!
7 comments:
Maybe it's a matter of talking about which leaders are in charge in which contexts. I suppose it's possible that he was thinking that because it was Sacrament meeting, that meant the bishop was in charge, and since the bishop hadn't asked him to quiet down and sit still, he didn't have to. Funny, though.
Haha! Kids crack me up. I loved being in Primary just to hear things like that. He's not a bad kid and I know you know that, but maybe a little reminder will help him to understand who is in charge when (just like Janelle said). Good thing Lily told him what was up. :)
Oooh, that's hilarious! What are the odds that he has another little friend named Lillie? :)
Hahaha! That is way too cute! And it's much better than what a little boy said to me in nursery yesterday, he needed to go potty and as we were walking out the door to find one of his parents I thought he said, "My daddy will help me." I said, "Oh, your daddy will help you? Should we go find him?" He said, "No! My daddy has a WEE-WEE!" I quickly said, "Oh. We don't need to talk about that." And rushed to find his mom. I couldn't tell her because I didn't want her to die of embarassment! But I sure got a good laugh about it later!
that is so funny!!! Where do they come up with those things. Maybe hejust thinks that his parents are in charge so he really didn't need to listen to the Primary President. Whatever!!!! It is still pretty funny.
The Sunbeams are one of the best parts of the primary program every year. Ours is this next Sunday and it's our sons first one as well. It should be interesting!
He is 100% sass - and I 100% love it.
Post a Comment