Anderson is now officially two years old. How does this happen? How does the time go by so fast? How does he go from being a tiny little baby, to a toddler in what seems like overnight? I'm not sure how it happened, but here we are. He has grown up so much, especially since we got to MS. He is talking a ton, sleeping in a bed, has no binky, and runs and jumps around trying to be as big as his brother. When he says something though, you have to acknowledge him and repeat what he said or he will keep saying it over, and over until you do. He's very good at saying thank you and you're welcome. One of my favorite thing that he says right now is when it is dark, he looks at you with a scared face and says, "Scarwy.....ghostes." He says it really quiet and it is so cute. We have been reading some fun little Halloween books lately and him and Jack went on a ghost hunt together. He has been saying it ever since.
He has been so much fun for us. He made going from one kid to two, so easy. He loves to ride scooters, and draw with sidewalk chalk. He loves trains, airplanes, making "buildings" out of blocks, Mater and Lightening McQueen, dance parties, and pretending to cook with Jack. He loves to color. He can sit and be entertained with it forever.
He is still a terrible eater. He has added a few things to his menu but not very many. He is a pain to feed. Hopefully by his next birthday, I will have a different story.
He LOVES Jack. They sit in their room at night talking and laughing and singing songs together. There have been many times when I can't understand what Anderson is saying, and Jack will interpret it for me. I'm glad they have each other.
Anderson has been requesting a "Choo, choo" birthday ever since we had Justin's birthday party. He was SO excited when he saw the little Thomas picture on top of the cupcakes. I wish I had a picture of his face when he saw it.
I saw these colored cupcakes on Our Best Bites website and thought I would try them. I thought they turned out really cute. The pink was supposed to be more red, but didn't quite get dark enough. I think the food coloring gels would have worked better.
Jack and our friend Lilly. She is in preschool with Jack. We had the whole dental crew over for the party.
Anderson has also been singing Happy Birthday to himself and practicing blowing out the candles. Hopefully I can get him singing the song on video sometime, because it is priceless. One of the cutest things I have ever heard.
Jack was "helping" Anderson and showing him what he got. I love the excitement they get after opening each present.
His new bike helmet was one of the favorites. :)
Man, we love this little boy. He is so sweet and fun to be around. He has his moments of being a little stinker, but for the most part, he is so fun. He is a LOT less naughty than someone else I knew at this age, who will remain nameless.
I still feel like he should be this little.
This is a picture from his first birthday. I LOVE the hair! I mean, there aren't very many babies who are cuter than this. I get to say that because I am his mom, but we just look at him every day and can't believe how cute he is. People say he looks like me :)
Happy Birthday Anderson!
We love you!














11 comments:
Happy birthday to Anderson, what a handsome little boy!!! Cute party idea, I would have to 100% completely agree that the second is so much less naughty! Why is that?!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your sweet ANDERSON (I've always LOVED that name and want it for a boy but sadly Anderson Hooper just wouldn't sound right with Anderson COOPER in the news)!! Such a cute boy! I seriously feel like I just saw his baby pics on your blog last week! How does time fly??? By the way, WHERE DID YOU FIND THAT YELLOW BOW TIE??? We are taking family pics soon and I think I NEED THAT!!!
Happy Birthday Anderson!! You are one of the cutest boys I know. ( Along with about 4 others and soon to be 5) We have the cutest grandkids alive. I love your cute pictures. I can't believe how fast you have grown up either. Hope your birthday was great!!! Love- Grandma and Grandpa Brownell
He sure is a cutie! Happy Birthday buddy!
I think it's funny how similar our boys #1 and #2 boys are. (Other than the picky eater thing, Bransen eats anything! LOL!) I can't wait until you're done is MS and moving back to ID, that is happening someday right?! :)
I cant'leave comment
I don't know why I am having trouble leaving comments lately. I have commented on every post for the last month and nothing shows up. I have tried everything and then I leave a dumb comment for a test and it posts!!!! Whatever!!!! I was saying that I can't believe Anderson is 2 already. It seems like we just came to Ohio to meet him and then I got to stay and help for a few days. I agree with Jessica that it will be so neat when you get done and come back to Idaho!!!! I hadn't heard that yet. Woo Hoo!!!! I just love his beautiful big eyes and darling smile. Happy Birthday to you. I can't believe that you are in a big boy bed and that you don't use a binky. Way to go. We love you and miss you and hope your package gets there soon.
He is just too darn cute! Happy Birthday Anderson!
Oh my heck, you never cease to amaze me! What a stinkin cute party! Max saw and said " I want a cute party with cute cupcakes too" I guess he heard me say how cute it was! I also cannot believe Anderson is 2! I was thinking about him Sunday. He is so cute and continues to get cuter with every picture you post! Jack is looking so big! Jackson cannot wait to play with Jack Heaton :) Oh and yes I'm super glad we're still warm here while Idaho is covered in snow! See you guys soon!!
Happy birthday Anderson! Wasn't I just there visiting when he was born?? Man, time goes by fast. He is so adorable and what a cute party!! We love Thomas around here too, so fun! We miss you guys but love that you are so good about posting on your blog! (I really need to get my act together!) Love you guys!
Man, I can't believe he is so big!! Spencer and I got a good laugh when you said he just gets louder and louder with what he says if you don't acknowledge him. That always cracked us up when all he could say was "Dada!" As always, your execution of birthday party treats and decor is totally adorable.
he really is adorable. and yes, he looks like you. good thing you're a cutie, too. jonah does the same thing with scary ghost-es and saying something until you repeat it...then he goes, "yeah." it kills me.
in other news, do you just die when you see justin in uniform? it is so handsome!
Post a Comment