Friday, May 28, 2010

Boston, MA


After Palmyra we headed to Boston. We all LOVED it!! It was such a great city with so much history and so many beautiful things to see. I love history and always wish I could go back in time and see how it really was so long ago.
One of the days we drove over to Cape Cod and drove over the entire thing! It was such a long drive but fun to see all the beach style houses, and the pretty beaches.
Jack had so much fun with my parents. I love when he gets to see our families. He always has so much fun and it makes me want to live closer. Someday we will get to play with family more often!
We ate at a great restaurant on Cape Cod called Moby Dick's. It was decorated so cute and had excellent sea food. Justin ate a hamburger...of course! :)


We also took a tour of Harvard University which was very interesting. Their campus is so beautiful and all of the stories were so fun to hear! So many people went to Harvard!! This building above housed Samuel Adams, John Adams, and John Hancock while they were attending school here.

Poor Anderson being drug around day after day. He sure is cute though!

We took a tour of the USS Constitution, It is one of the oldest boats our country has and fought in a lot of famous battles.

Jack and I in the Captain's quarters.

We got to see the Old North Church where Paul Revere lit the lanterns to warn the people that the British were coming.
Paul Revere with the Old North Church in the back.


We had just walked by Paul Rever's house (pictured above) and I heard someone yell my name. I wasn't sure that I was hearing right and I looked to find Whitney Pope and her family!!! I could not believe it. We haven't seen each other in 3 years since her wedding. It was so great to talk for a few minutes and finally meet her little girl Rose.

Jack wanted to give Rose and hug but she wasn't really in the mood. He kept asking her, "Do you want me to give you a hug Rose?"

Boston has a great aquarium right on the water which was definitely Jack's favorite part. He was running around like a crazy person looking at all the fish. He had so much fun. It was good for him to be able to have fun after riding in the car and stroller for so long. It was a nice break for him.
Touching the star fish...I thought he was going to squish him to death. :)

Happy as a clam :)


This is a little splash park just outside the aquarium.


We also had a chance to meet up with Jonathan and Daija who we haven't seen since she was pregnant with Bridger. He was a doll and it was great to be able to see them . Daija's family was also in town so we didn't get to do a whole lot with them but we will take what we can get!! Thanks for coming to meet up with us guys!!

Jack spotted this carousel from a mile away and asked if he could go on it. Surprisingly, he was really good on this trip. I feel like the last few weeks, he has been a different boy. So sweet and a lot less attitude. No more yelling at anyone trying to take a picture of him. He actually looks over and smiles at the camera. It might be a fluke but if it is, we sure enjoyed it while it lasted!! :)

We walked through Boston Commons which is a park made in 1630. There was a cemetery next to it that had the graves of Paul Revere, John Hancock and Benjamin Franklin's parents. We all thought it was very interesting.


And of course, we had to go where everybody knows your name :)

Boston was great. It was clean, we felt safe, and there was tons to do.
Loved it!

10 comments:

Daija said...

I'm so glad you guys enjoyed Boston! It was great to see you. Your boys are adorable, and it was fun to meet your parents. I wish we had had more time to talk and catch up. Someday...right? :)

Marilyn said...

Wow! You are always going to such fun places. Can you take Aurora and I along next time in your suitcase-hee hee! ;)

The Heaton's said...

i think it's so neat that you guys get to explore the east coast so much. it's been such a great opportunity for you guys to go to school there. i am sure your parents will love their mission on the east coast, and what a blessing it is for you guys to have them so close even if it is only for several months.

Matt, Stephanie and Hayden Berglind said...

I can't believe you just ran into Whitney!! What are the chances! I probably would've stated to cry...haha! What a fun trip you guys. I am so glad Jack was such a trooper. He is such a cutie and again, that Anderson is too adorable!!

Karlee said...

Look how much fun!!! I'd LOVE to go to Boston...or anywhere eastcoast for that matter! So much to do and SOO much history! Your Jack is getting sweeter and since my Boston turned 3 he's getting sassier!! Its driving me nuts...I might need tips on how you turned him around!

Sarah Stout said...

Wow! What fun adventures! You guys sure have been busy. I bet it was great seeing your parents and traveling around to explore new places. :)

Denisse said...

yay! I'm so glad you guys had such a fun trip to Boston! I have to say that I LOVED it when we went! It has so much charm! Glad you were able to visit with Jon and Daij at least for a little bit!

Brittany Mecham said...

look at you blogging so quickly!! I'm totally impressed! Wow looks like you had so much fun, and how fun to share it all with your family. looks like we need to make a trip to Boston too! Oh and I love the picture of you, your dad and Jack jumping... love that Jack is trying too, so so cute!!

- said...

fun to look at this- we are going to boston in July then up to NYC. this just got me more excited!

- said...

fun to look at this- we are going to boston in July then up to NYC. this just got me more excited!