Friday, March 12, 2010

Las Vegas!!

We had such a great time in Las Vegas. We had been planning this trip for six months, hoping no one would spoil the surprise for Ryan (that's a long time to keep a secret!) and it was everything we were hoping for! Warm weather, good company, and lots of laughs. We originally planned to stay in California two days and spend the first one at Disneyland, and the second at the beach. Well, the beach was supposed to have crappy weather so we cancelled our hotel and drove back to Vegas. The next day we decided to drive out to Hoover Dam. It was amazing to see. It is HUGE!! And the bridge they are building behind it is amazing. There were people working on it and it looked extremely scary. I would not want to have that job!!
Jack, not wanting to stay in the stroller....typical :)


I HATE this picture of me, but I had to share it. The boys are standing in Nevada and Stephanie and I are standing in Arizona! Two different states and two different time zones.


After Hoover Dam, we headed to the strip to go to m&m world. It is the cutest store with EVERYTHING m&m, and any color of m&m's you could want. Denise wanted to let the boys pick out their own bag of special m&m's. It's a good thing she wanted to take them there, because it was $12.99 a pound for these m&m's!! I am not that nice :) The boys loved it and were so excited to eat their special m&m's!!
Outside the store was this cute peanut m&m. :) Connor was so excited to go see him but not Jack. I asked him if he wanted to go up with Connor and he said, "No Mom. I don't want to. I want to get away from that Mom." I love how he calls him "that". I guess he didn't look as nice as Mickey Mouse and Tigger :)


Anderson was so good all week. The hardest part with him was the sleeping at night. The first night he woke up at 3:30am ... for the day!! And Jack came in around 4:30am. Finally we drug ourselves out of our room around 5am and started making waffles, hoping not to wake anyone else. The second day he woke up at 4:30am and every day after that, he woke up about an hour later each time. Finally by the last couple days he was right on schedule only for us to drag him back home to a 3 hour time difference again. Thankfully it only took him a couple days to get back into his normal routine. Justin and I were completely sleep deprived the whole week! It's a good thing we were having so much fun that we didn't notice it too much.

Jack has 2 Batman capes and brought them so he could play with Connor. They were having fun running around and showing us their Batman muscles!! Are they tough or what?? Haha!

Does it get ANY cuter than that little face??? Really?? Is that even possible?!


On our last full day there, we tried to make it extra fun. We drove up by the mountains to do a little hike and let the boys throw rocks in the lake and just run around having fun. It started off a little rough when the park ranger pulled Ryan over for having expired stickers on his plates. They had renewed the plates but just didn't get their new stickers because of their move. He was on a total power trip but needless to say, we had a good laugh! It probably wouldn't have been as funny if he would have given them a ticket!!
I love being outside and letting Jack just run around and have fun. I always feel so bad that we don't have a back yard and he has been stuck inside the house all winter long. I think Jack needed this trip just as much as Justin and I did.
Jack is "fishing" but unfortunately never caught anything :)



After our little hiking adventure, we headed to the bowling alley! Jack and Connor didn't waste any time picking which ball they were going to use.
Anderson hanging out with Aunt Stephanie (one of 3 Aunt Stephanie's! Every time I talk to Jack about one of the Stephanie's, I always think...that has got to be confusing to a little kid. How does he keep them all straight?)
Last night there...sad!

Cute little Anderson after we got off the plane. He slept 4 hours of the 4 1/2 hour flight home!

We did NOT want to go back home after our week was over! Justin was literally depressed that he had to go back to school after such a fun trip. We were so glad we were able to go. When we left Cleveland, we were worried we wouldn't make it out because of a snow storm we were having. But since we've been back, we've had 60-70 degree weather! Cleveland weather is so weird!! It's a good thing we brought the good weather back with us because it made it a little easier to come home.

Thanks for the great trip guys! We can't wait until you come out to our house now!

8 comments:

Leah said...

Wow looks like you guys had alot of fun. I am just sad I didn't know you were here...I would have met up with you at Disneyland! Maybe next time. If you ever need a place to stay in CA you can stay with us. It would be so much fun to see you again. Your family is so cute. You were probably the cutest pregnant woman I have ever seen. (way behind in your blog so I just spent the last hour reading your last year)

Anonymous said...

I love all the pictures you post, love what you write, glad I can keep up on what's going on in your life and see your kids grow and I always think you look so adorable! Clothes, make-up, hair, everything!
NB :o) Ps. Of course your boys are adorable too! Anderson's smile is a heart-melter!

Sherwoods said...

What a fun trip! Glad Justin got a break from school. I'm sure is was extremely needed! Love all the pictures.

Brittany Mecham said...

oh man what a fun trip!! I love the tower of terror. Justin's parents look like they love it and you not so much! Oh I cant wait for spring and summer it looks so fun to be outside!

Brittany Mecham said...

Oh yeah and Justin looks like he's enjoying every moment of the ride... :)

The Heaton's said...

we miss you guys so much! and we especially missed our yummy warm weather you stole and took back to cleveland with you guys! we loved every minute we spent with you guys and can't wait to come out and see all the fun places you guys blog about! thanks so much for coming it was great!

ps what's a2x4? ;)

idaho grandma said...

Great post, you and Stephanie do such a great job of reminding us all of the awesome time we had. Love my hair in the Hoover Dam family photo. What the.....the wind must have just come up!!! :) The M&M store was a blast and it was worth every penny to see the boys faces while holding their M&M's What STRONG batmans! They sure had fun running back and forth in the family room. They sure played good together and were such good buddies the whole time. Anderson was a such a trooper the whole time getting drug around all day and night. What good kids, that sure made the trip easier and much more fun. The lake looked really fun and we will have to go there next time we get to Vegas. Glad you guys were able to work it out so you could come and surprise Ryan. I can't believe we pulled it off. So good to see you guys and see you probably in June. Love you all. Mom

The Barlows said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun!! I'm super jealous! Sorry to hear that you had such a rough week sleep wise, but it sounds like you made the best of it by going and doing super fun things, way to be a trooper--I'm crappy when I get no sleep!