Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Last Minute Trip

We found a cheap ticket to Seattle and I jumped on the chance to go see my family at the last minute with the boys. It was so fun...except for the fact that Justin didn't get to come and I had to fly by myself with the kiddos. It was nice to just be there for fun, and not have anything specific that we had to be to. We spent some time out at Scott and Kelli's. Here is my mom and dad trying out some left over Halloween costumes. My family is a bunch of nerds!!

Anderson is just starting to smile and react to people. Tanner was making him smile forever with his big eyes! Tanner thought it was pretty funny.
Having fun at Scott and Kelli's in the racquetball court.

Tanner loves to take care of Anderson. :)


CUTIE!!


Jack and Mom watching "Up!" at Scott and Kelli's.


Jack and Grandma Gorrell.
It's always fun to see all of our grandparents while we are home. I am surprised that Jack can keep most of them straight, we have so many!
We celebrated Stephanie's birthday at a fun new restaurant while we were there. It was fun to see her again so soon. Happy Birthday Steph!

I am loving this little cutie! He did really good on the airplane...he slept the whole time!


I had so much fun with Scott and Kelli! I didn't get to see them very much when I was home for the wedding so it was really fun to be able to hang out and be silly. This night at Angie's we watched You-Tube videos FOREVER and ate way too many doughnuts! We were laughing so hard. Everything from the world's fattest kid to people trying to eat a spoonful of cinnamon. It looked really fun! You should try and eat a spoonful sometime and see what happens. :)
I always enjoy staying at Angie's house and staying up until 3am every night! When you only have a few days together there is no time for sleeping! :)

It was fun to get to see everyone since we won't be going home for any of the holidays. This year we are staying in Cleveland and having our own Christmas. I am so excited to start our own traditions and watch Jack come down Christmas morning to our own tree. Every year I put up my Christmas tree and then leave and we never get to enjoy it. This year we have plenty of time to enjoy it...especially since I put it up today! Hee hee...gotta love it!

11 comments:

Ash & Tim said...

First I can't imagine flying with two kids by myself -way to go! How fun that you were able to go out and see the family. Looks like you had a nice relaxing time. Sorry to hear you will not be coming home for the holiday. We too are beginning our traditions and having Christmas at our house. Although I am jealous you got to put up your tree -Tim can't stand the thought of it before thanksgiving. Luckily he doesn't catch on very fast that we are listening to Christmas music in the car until we are all singing. Enjoy the holidays!

Rachel said...

What a fun trip! That is always nice to take a trip just for fun. Sometimes going for the holidays is so exhausting. Your boys are too cute!

Anonymous said...

I love all the pictures you always include in your posts! I had to laugh at the end when you said about being able to enjoy your tree and then you said "especially since I put it up today! Hee hee.." Too funny! If we didn't go into the mountains to get ours I would put it up already too! I've rubbed off on my kids because they already decorated their rooms a few days ago! By the way- good thing you came last week because we are onto our THIRD wind and rainstorm of this week! It was so good to see you and your boys and get to meet Anderson! Love, Nicole

The Heaton's said...

looks like you had a great time. you get the mommy of the year award for flying with a newborn and a 2 year. i think you should try the cinnamon challenge, video tape it, and post it so we can all see what happens. connor and i put up our tree a few days ago, because just like you said we travel for every holiday and never get to even enjoy it. fun pictures!

idaho grandma said...

I am so glad you got to go home and especially have your family get to meet Anderson and see Jack again. What darlng photos. I am jealous you and Stephanie have your trees up. We probably won't be doing trees this year. With me being gone for the first 8 days of December (visiting and getting dental work in Cleveland, YIPPEEE!!!!!!), then getting home and have ward party and our 2 Saturday Temple Assignemnts, that leaves no time for home or for having time to get it up and decorated or to get it down. Oh well.....I better start planning better for next year. Can't wait to see you guys.....13 days!!!

idaho grandma said...

I spelled assignments wrong...How embarassing!!!

Kelly Munns said...

oh my gosh, you look JUST like your dad! wow! i can't believe how different anderson looks from jack...so nuts! you look amazing and i'm glad you got to see stephanie again. we women thrive off those relationships, don't we?!

Denisse said...

Stace, I agree. You are a BRAVE one for venturing out there with a newborn AND a 2-year old!!! I guess, sometimes you just have to do what you have to do right? That's why mothers are heroes in so many ways!

So glad you got to see your family. It looks like you had a fun time with them. Anderson is so cute and we are counting down the days until Wednesday! Jack has gotten soooo big since we last saw you! We are BEYOND excited to see you guys and for a break! Scott keeps saying he still needs to study and he'll get up early every day we're there...ha ha! We will see how THAT ONE goes for him!!!:)

Matt, Stephanie and Hayden Berglind said...

Hahaha!! That first picture of your dad totally made me laugh. Good ol' Lyle...haha! It was so fun to see you again! How lucky am I?? Thanks for spending my birthday with me and cutting my "boys" hair. They both look so handsome!

We miss you guys already!

Cheryl Meibos said...

It looks like you had a great time. Your parents came to Parowan for a few days and I happend to be there. I loved being able to see them. I miss your family, we don't see each other often enough.

Angie Penrose said...

Miss you!! I've been going to bed way to early. Thanks for coming out! I couldn't possibly bear waiting until spring time to snug Anderson. He is so yummy!