Friday, October 2, 2009

INTRODUCING ANDERSON KADE HEATON


This is the morning of the appointment just before we left our house to go to the hospital. We had to be there at 6:00 AM. so we got up at 4:30.


This is Stacey waiting to get her IV. By around 6:45 they had gotten us to our room, placed her IV and had started Pitocin. They were great! Just after he was born they took him over to weigh and measure him.

6 pounds 14 oz and 20 inches long.

He is getting dressed for the first time!

They had just put that goop in his eyes. I guess it is for a good reason and at least it doesn't hurt them at all.

This is the proud mommy just after he was born! She did a great job and I am so proud of her!

The nurse is bathing him for the first time. He cried a lot and didn't seem to like it at all.

I went and got Jack once things had settled down and Stacey had got to her new room. He could have really cared less for baby brother and hardly even noticed he was there. He was way more excited about the balloons and toy car that his baby brother brought him

We are now a family of four!! I am not quite sure if it has set in yet. This is just a taste of the pictures to come. Stacey is much better at this but I thought I would at least get a few up today. All in all it was an amazing experience and turned out so much better than the first time with Jack. We had an amazing staff and are so grateful for all of them. We are especially grateful for our new baby boy and couldn't be happier to be parents again. It really is the best feeling in the world!

37 comments:

Nat said...

Congratulations! Oh, he is adorable. Little boys are so fun! Does he have a name? What a beautiful family of four you have. We're so happy for you!

Jessica said...

Oh!!! I let out a squeal of delight when I saw your little baby boy! So precious! I'm sure Jack will warm up to him once he's home. So exciting!!! Good work!

Lane family said...

YAY!! He's beautiful... and looks like Jack! Congratulations- It's SO fun. Awww makes me a little teary, cuz I won't have that "moment" again. LOVE! Nice Blogging Justin!

Lane family said...

BTW- Stacey, you look fantastic!

Lane family said...

I'm back... just analyzing your pictures... I want another one of those mugs!

Karlee said...

CONGRATS!!! What a cute little man!! I forget how little they are when they are born! So sweet! WOW TWO KIDS!!! Very exciting! Have y'all picked a name?!?

The Heaton's said...

Thanks for getting pictures up so soon! He looks so cute and so tiny. Can't believe my baby brother has more kids than me! :) We are so happy for you guys, glad everything went smoothly and well. Love you guys!
- Ryan

Colin & Lori said...

OOOOhhhh, I drove by your house today and thought about you guys! Congratulations and Stacey, as always you look so good!!! What a sweet baby!! He is sooooooo cute! Glad everything went so well and you were not in pain during the delivery. Isn't modern medicine sooooooo GREAT!

Anonymous said...

Wow --He is cute. I am way excited to get there a snug him. Whitney is jealous. Way to go Stacey, you don't even look like you did anything today. Modern medicine is good. Just think of the pain it took to get you here. Lucky you.. Can;t wait to see you all. Love- MOM

Woods: said...

Oh he is CUTE! And Stacey doesn't even look like she had a baby in these pictures! How would that be?! Such a darling family a four! Congrats and hope the recovery goes just as smoothly!

britt said...

congrats you guys! being a family of four is so fun...and crazy but so great! he is darling and good luck!!

Marilyn said...

Congratulations!!! I am so glad it went better for you than the first time around. I remember you telling me it was really really hard that first time. Don't you love modern medicine!

Nicole said...

Congratulations! I am so happy that everything went so well and now you have another little boy! He looks adorable and you look wonderful, Stace! I'm glad we got to see pictures of him so soon! Thanks for pinch-hitting, Justin!

Jennifer said...

Congratulations! You look awesome Stacey!

Katie Davis said...

He is darling! And I agree with everyone else in saying that Stacey looks way too perfect to just have had a baby! Good idea with baby bringing a toy.. we did that for our Jack too. I think it made him dislike the new intruder a little less! just kidding! sort of. he wasn't a fan at first! Congratualtions Heaton's, party of 4!

Denisse said...

Aahhhhh...you guys are a family of 4!!!! You caught up to us!!!:) ha ha!

He is precious and perfect! So glad everything went so well and Stacey had a better experience this time around!

We are so happy for you! We can't wait to meet this little guy in November! I almost just want to drive the 6 hours to come see you guys before that! ha! But Thanksgiving will be here before we know it! and I'll get to squeeeeeze him!

Natalie Smith said...

That is the sweetest family of 4 picture! Brought tears to my eyes. Congrats to all of you...and way to go Stacey.

The Elledges said...

Congrats!!! He is such a cute baby! I'm so glad things went well!

Kelly Munns said...

i woke up this morning wondering what had happened with the whole day. i couldn't wait to come check the blog. great blogging job justin. you're a natural. he is an adorable boy...do you think he resembled jack at all? i know it's sometimes hard to tell when they're all swollen and new. congratulations. i am so glad for you guys!

Whitney said...

stace did you seriously just have a baby . .cuz these pics beg to differ! you look great and i can't get enough of this little guys dark hair. nice posting justin . .so when is the big revealing of the name? :) congrats!!

Mary said...

Yay! He is so darn cute! Congrats again & I can't wait to meet him...& hear the name you guys decide on.

Ryan and Sariah said...

What a sweet little blessing! Stacey, I really think it should be a crime to look so GREAT after labor! Cute little family!

Rachel said...

Congrats you guys! He is so cute!! I'm glad everything went well and he arrived safely! What a sweet little guy. Can't wait to hear his name.

camandholls said...

Congrats! He is so cute.

Kelly Munns said...

oh ps. that belly picture at the beginning of the post is like a totally dropped baby. so perfectly low and round. it's like they strapped a belly on you for kicks and giggles!

Kellen and Erin said...

Congratulations!!! He's beautiful. He weighs the same that Cole did!

Amber Hemsley said...

I am so glad that he is here and that things went so well! I have 12weeks to go and am so ready to have this one. You guys are such a cute family!

Elder Hunter L. Diamond said...

Congrats Justin and Stacey!!! We were at Lake Powell when we got your text message. Glad everyone is doing well. Talk to you all later.

Bruce & Cindy

Brittany Mecham said...

Yea, he is so stinkin beautiful!! Love the beautiful dark hair and oh he is so tiny and sweet!!! Okay stacey so you look WAY to good to have just had a baby!! Not fair! Congrats and enjoy that sweet little one even if you dont get much sleep! Let me know if there is anything I can help you with!

Hurst Family said...

Stacey, You look too good to have just had a baby....
Congrats again, he is so cute.

*JSJJ Long* said...

Congratulations! What a blessing!! Stacey - You look AMAZING - you'll have to let me in on your secret of looking SO good moments after giving birth...LOL :) Love the name, he is so precious - congrats again and take care of that family of yours! What sweet little boys - Thinking of you often and praying for a fast and painless recovery for you! Take Care!! :)

idaho grandma said...

I am so happy that he is here and all went well. I have to agree with everyone else's comments on how well you look Stacey. I can't believe that you just had a baby. We are so excited to meet him an see you all. He is so darling, and can't believe all the hair. 5 more days!!!! Can't wait. Glad you got to come home quickly. You rest and feel so much better when you are home. Glad your mom and dad were able to come and be there when you got home. Love you all and see you Saturday.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations you guys!! I love the name. Stacey I have those same PJ bottoms you wore to the hospital! Just had to add that in :)

Sarah Palfreyman said...

Stacey--I noticed your blog on Summer Anderson's and checked to see any news about the baby! Congratulations! You look amazing and the baby is darling. So happy for you guys.

The Barlows said...

YAY!!!!! Congratulations little family, you guys certainly are adorable and your new addition is perfect and I love his name!

Kristi Clinger said...

Congrats! I'm so excited for your family. I'm sure Jack is going to be a great big brother.
I LOVE the name choice. We'll have to get your Anderson and our Andersen together someday.

Amy said...

Justin, Obviously this is a very late congratulations, but Congrats nonetheless. What cute little boys!