Thursday, October 1, 2009

Akron 1/2 Marathon


Justin and a few friends from school decided to do a half marathon together. As the time came closer to the race, everyone ended up backing out except for Justin. Luckily, he recruited wonder woman Hollie to do it with him. This is them right before the race. Don't you love her pink pants!? It made it easy for me to spot her in the crowd. :) It started at 7am and it was still dark outside! We had to leave around 5am which is way too early for me! I was worried about Jack being grouchy from waking up so early but he was a trooper the whole time.
I saw this guy's shirt and thought it was super funny...I wonder how many people were having that same thought run through their mind.
Here they are after just getting started. Obviously this is a horrible picture, but Hollie is in the white and Justin is peeking up behind the girl with the head phones.


So I figured out after the whole race was over that my digital zoom was on!! It made ALL the pictures blurry and I was so sad after I finally figured out what was wrong!! Anyways, this is Justin crossing the finish line. His goal was to beat 2 hours and he came in a 1 hr and 49 minutes! Way to go!!!
After all that running and he still has a smile on his face!

Here comes Hollie at 1 hr 54 minutes, right behind Justin. She cut off around 10 minutes from her last half marathon. What a woman!!


Way to go Dad!!! (Blurry....grrr!)

The awesome runners. Way to go guys! You did GREAT!!!

7 comments:

Jensen said...

Way to go Justin! That is pretty impressive. I am wanting to do a half triathalon next summer, we will see how that goes.

Natalie Smith said...

Man...I was hoping for BABY news! But...Justin...Awesome job!

Natalie Smith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nicole said...

Good job, Justin! I have to agree with Natalie that I was hoping you would at least mention your current state! We are anxiously awaiting!

Kellie said...

Wow! That is amazing! I am not a runner, so kudos to Justin and Hollie!

Denisse said...

Good job Justin!

I think I would drop dead if I were to run a marathon! ha!

can't wait to see pics of the little guy!:)

Love you all!

idaho grandma said...

Way to go!!!! that is so amazing and I can't believe you did it!!! Wat to step up Hollie and show the gusy that backed out some class!! Glad you followed through Justin. Love the guys shirt. That is soo priceless and also so very true. Good job and the time was awesome. Love you.