Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Little Anderson

We've made it to day 5! Anderson has been a great little baby so far and we are loving all the snuggling time. My mom and dad are here and it has been fun to have them. We have been pretty lazy, but have managed to still do a couple fun things.
This is a picture of Jack with Anderson in the hospital. He wanted to hold him but about 2 seconds after, he told Justin that he is too heavy and didn't want to anymore. Jack has been having a rough time the past few days. We had to be to the hospital early so he stayed the night at Pete and Brittany's house the night before. (Thank you guys again!!!) He has had a bad cold, a new brother, and a wacky schedule...all of which have contributed to one grouchy little boy. Hopefully as he starts to feel better, his attitude will get better along with it!
Justin did a pretty good job of telling the story, but I will add the things that I remember...

We made it to the hospital at 6am. Our first nurse was really nice, but she was in training and could not get my IV in for anything. This was one of the worst parts of the whole day. I have a nice bruise from it now. She finally got it in the other arm and start the pit really slow. We hung out until 9:30 when I got my epidural which was wonderful. I had only felt a few stronger contractions up to this point so I was thankful to get it so early. Then Dr. Reider came in and broke my water and cranked up the pit. Justin and I pretty much just watched movies all day waiting for me to dilate all the way. It was actually a pretty relaxing day, strange as it seems. Around3:00pm, Dr. Reider came in and said that I was to a 9 and that Anderson was posterior. He asked me if I wanted to just try and push to see if we could make some progress or if I wanted to try a couple things to get him to rotate a little. I decided to try and push and see what happened... 25 minutes later he was born! It was fabulous. I honestly did not even feel like I had just had a baby. I hope my next delivery goes exactly the same way this one did. Everything went so smoothly and I hardly felt any pain compared to when Jack was born. It was such a great day. We are so glad to have him here!! And I am extremely glad to not be pregnant anymore!! It is such a blessing to have him here and know that he is healthy and that everything went so well. All of that anxiety of wondering how things will go is gone, and it is a great feeling. Now I just get to enjoy my little guy!!!

19 comments:

Jessica said...

I'm glad things went so well for you. And don't worry about Jack, he'll be a great big brother once he gets used to things!
Anderson is such a sweetie! I really wish you lived (a LOT) closer so that I could hold him, I'm craving babies!
My boys & I were outside Monday morning when Whitney was walking to class and she didn't seem too happy that your parents are there without her!
Take care and give that little guy a squeeze for me!

The Heaton's said...

Anderson is so adorable. i LOVE all his dark hair, i wish i was there to hug and squeeze him. the sockies on the hands made me laugh, i am pretty sure i put socks on connors hands until he was like 3 month so he didn't scratch himself. i am sure jack will get use to everything really soon, it's only been a few days. i am so glad everything went so quickly and smoothly.

Sherwoods said...

He is so beautiful. A perfect little boy. Congrats you guys. So happy for you.

Nicole said...

I am so happy for you guys and so glad to hear your labor went so well! No wonder you looked so great the day he was born! You deserve to have the relaxation time you are getting- especially since your parents are there! Sometimes the best days are when family is visiting and you just hang out at the house! Anderson is adorable! Jack will get used to his little brother and soon they be best buds!

Nat said...

Oh, he is such a beautiful little boy! And I love the name! I'm so glad things went so smoothly. Good luck with the transition. Love you guys!

Kristi Clinger said...

Those are two cute boys you have. They are a great mix of you two. I can see both Justin and Stacy in them.
I'm glad that you had such a great experience with this delivery. Enjoy your sweet family.
I'm still voting for Andy(yours) and Andi(mine).

Jensen said...

I love all the dark hair. He is adorable! Congratulations! It is nice when the delivery goes smoothly! We are glad to hear that every thing went well. You guys are great parents! Jack and Anderson are very lucky to have you!

Matt, Stephanie and Hayden Berglind said...

I love the new pictures!! He seriously is so cute Stacey and Justin. I can't wait to hold him!!! :)

Unknown said...

I love him!! Anderson is such a cute name! Your family is so beautiful! I love you guys!

Rachel said...

I hate it when they can't get the IV in! Glad that was the worst of it though:) That is so awesome it went so well. He is so cute and I love his name! Jack looks like a great big brother already. Congratulations!

Kelly Munns said...

ok he is adorable, no doubt about it. i just CANNOT believe that you have two now. poor little jack getting a cold! isaac is sick right now and very needy and i'm thinking, 'how in the world am i going to do this with a newborn?!' so congratulations, and good luck.

Kat said...

He totally looks like Jack with dark hair. It is crazy. What a great delivery. I'm glad it was a good experience for you. I hate the IV part too. The nurse I had with Lily couldn't get it in either and I thought I was going to kill her.

Holly said...

He's so cute! Does he look anything like Jack's baby pictures? You should post some to compare! Congratulations on your new baby! I can't wait to come and meet him. Maybe we'll have to plan a trip to Cleveland soon.

Whitney said...

so he DOES have a name :) love it love it! with jack holding him they look like stark opposites. i can't remember was jack that dark? .. and i didn't know (or remember) jack's pregnancy being that bad .. guess i'll have to reread that post! congrats on a beautiful, healthy boy!

Lara said...

Glad you are home and healthy. He's beautiful...how could he not be. We have a little something for you and want to bring it over...I'll have Matt coordinate with Justin. Hugs.

Spencer & Suzy said...

Oh he is so sweet!

Karlee said...

Congrats!! Love the name and love seeing a small little newborn! You forget how small they are! I can't believe how much hair he has! Adorable! All this talk is making me feel closer and closer to want to start working on #2...!

Karlee said...

Congrats!! Love the name and love seeing a small little newborn! You forget how small they are! I can't believe how much hair he has! Adorable! All this talk is making me feel closer and closer to want to start working on #2...!

paigernate said...

so, was he really posterior this time?! i am glad things went smoothly... i laughed a little when he asked you if you 'wanted to try a few things'...i think we all knew your answer :) nice of him to ask though :) cannot wait to see him.