A few weeks ago, we traveled to Utah to watch Steph and Adam's kids for them while they took a trip to Mexico. Jack and I traveled together while Justin followed shortly after so he could catch another day of school. Jack did SO WELL on the plane! Both there and back. We had a layover but on one of the flights there and back, he got a little scared during take off so he wanted to lay on my shoulder. Well, both times he did that he fell asleep and never moved his head off my shoulder. He slept the whole way, which I was so grateful for. The other two, we just watched movies, read books and played with the window. I was also lucky to have an empty seat next to me so I could have a break from holding him.
They have an awesome back yard which Jack took full advantage of the whole time we were there. He loved to run around with the kids and play in the grass.
The kids were so good with Jack! It is nice to be there where I don't have to entertain him at all! The kids took over and made sure he was having fun.
We were super lucky that Sharla had a doctors appointment in Salt Lake the same day we were getting there. Al and Sharla picked us up from the airport and stayed with us a couple days. We are so GLAD that they did!! Sharla was a huge help to me and we were happy to see as much family as possible in one trip!
Whitney came down from Rexburg to go to a concert with her friends and she also stayed with us for a night. We had fun staying up late and being goofy. :) That's what my family does best!...the goofy part.
Bob and Denise came down right after AL and Sharla left. I don't know what I would have done without Sharla and Denise! They were so helpful to have around. Thank you!!!Justin didn't tell his parents that he was coming and boy were they surprised. They had no idea even though Justin had given it away about five times! I am so glad that Justin decided to come out with us. We had so much fun!
I was also able to meet up with a bunch of my cousins that I haven't seen in years. It was so good to see everyone!! Thank you for making an effort to get together even though it was only for a night. We had fun eating food, catching up and of course laughing! Never a dull moment with these guys!



7 comments:
Pretty sure the picture of Justin and I makes this whole post golden!!! Haha...we're the best!!!! And jack looked so cute when you guys were at that beach!! Little Gap baby!!!
WOW Whitney and Justin are so goofy together. You would think that they were actually siblings instead of you and her. I love all the cousin pics too. We don't get to see them enough. I am really jealous that you got to get together with all the Heatons. That is so neat that Justin got to come and see them. He deserves that. MOM
what a fun, yet exhausting week! i wish we could have made it up there. seeing the fun pictures makes us even sadder.
So glad we got so see you guys and Justin, you really surprised us!!! We can't believe you pulled it off and we must have been brain dead to not catch you when you gave it away several times. So glad Stacey got to see her cousins and glad that Whitney got to come too. Too bad we couldn't work it out with Ryan and Stephanie. We would have had the whole family together (I guess Adam and Stephanie wer not there either). Love the picture with all the kids on the back steps. Hope we get to see you this summer, but may have to wait until the baby comes. Lvoe you guys.
sorry about the misspelled words.. I really need to proof read before I hit publish.
PARTY, PARTY, PARTY! looks like you guys had a lot of fun to go with the work :)
oh man, stacey...jack is SO cute. i mean SOOOO cute! he is just a little man. i love him. i've taught isaac who he is so when i show him a picture of jack on the computer he says, "jack!" in his little voice. you look great...i wish you weren't holding props in each picture...i want to see this belly again!
Post a Comment