
My friend, Suzy, and I got together to take on a sewing project. Both of us got a sewing machine for Christmas and neither of us really know how to use it very well. :) But we thought this seemed like a simple enough project!

We cut out our material, sewed the edges of the triangles, and used white fabric with iron on stuff to adhere it to the triangles. Then we used a quilting binding for the top.

After we ironed on the letters, the white didn't seem to stand out as much, so I bought a fabric pen and drew stitches around the edges of all the letters. I thought that would be a lot easier and a lot quicker than actually sewing them myself. I took the slacker's way out, basically.

I thought it turned out super cute and I can't wait to use it at Jack's birthday party in a couple weeks!!
5 comments:
Way to go. I am so proud of you. I am so glad that all of you girls are using your machines. I got a cute apron sewn by Steph for Mothers day. I love the banner. You will use it a lot. You are always so clever. Love ya- MOM
so cute!
I love it! Now that's talent-and taking the easy way is the smart way...if you ask me!
Very cute banner, I like the colors! I made one of these too. I did it last year for Connor's 1st birthday. I love fun little projects.
p.s. i don't believe that you don't know how to use your machine very well because i got a cute little apron in my kitchen that says otherwise.
very cute!!! I know you will use you machine for a lot more now that you have broken it in. I have never seen that idea for a birthday banner. Do you put it up in your house or outside? Very, very cute. I can't believe Jack is going to be 2 in a couple of weeks. Where has the time gone.
Post a Comment