Friday, November 7, 2008

Little Smarty Pants

Jack started talking pretty early. Ever since my parents came in May, when he learned to say "hello" and "grandpa", it seems like he has learned a new word everyday since then. My friend, Janelle, asked me one day how many words he could say and I had no idea. So over the course of the next few days, I kept a notebook with me all day writing down each new word I heard him say. After I got above 200, I stopped counting. Not bad for just a little guy! :)


He gets distracted in this first video when he hears Justin coming in through the front door. :)


Don't worry Mom and Denise....now that he knows who both his grandpas are, we are working on the grandmas. :)

16 comments:

Sarah Stout said...

Oh my gosh! I can't believe how smart he is and that he can say "prophet," "Jesus," and temple! What a smart kid! :)

The Heaton's said...

oh man, if that wasn't the cutest video ever, then i don't know what is!!! he is a little smarty pants, you know ryan's heart will go pitter patter to know jack knows his name, i am going to go tell him right now........!

Ashley Robinson said...

k I am TOTALLY impressed!!He is so clear and you can totally tel what he is saying....maybe we need to have a play date with Peyton! Only me and mitch know what he is saying! And 'prophet' come on Stace! that's awesome! Quit being 'wonder mom'! Your guys need another one!

The Heaton's said...

I always knew I was Jack's favorite uncle! :) That made my day, thanks for sharing!

Ry Ry

Lara said...

So cute! He sure is such a smart boy! We loved visiting and seeing him! He's at such a great age...treasure it, as I'm sure you do...you'll blink and it's gone!

Blake and Rhonda said...

Wow can he just make your heart melt! What a smartie! It just goes to show what great parents you guys are. Miss you!

Angie Penrose said...

I love Jack. :)

Nat said...

Oh my word, he IS a smarty pants, especially for such a little guy! I am duly impressed. What a cutie!

hillmans said...

That was pretty much adorable. McKenna was so proud of him that he knew who Jesus was and that he said temple. She said, "Mom! He knows who Jesus is! That is so good!" Give him a kiss for us.

Anonymous said...

Wow does he have good genes.. I love it when he says temple and prophet. He's smarter then some of the mutual kids. Now we'd better work on Grandma Anna and Grandma Denise.... You're the best Jack.
Love- Granadma Brownell

Denisse said...

Can he seriously get ANY cuter???

Whitney said...

okay grampa bob was my favorite until he said prophet and Jesus. sooooo cute! i'm still laughing at that little cutie. when justin asked "what does a rabbit do?" i thought . .what DOES a rabbit do? so cute .. he wrinkles his nose! hehe

Anonymous said...

I am finally getting around to commenting....He is so smart. I knew it, with you two as parents...just can't believe how he knows so much. The best part is you can totally understand every word Love his little voice and who he knows. Start working on grandma's Denise and Anna, Christmas is coming!! Hopefully he will remember us and be able to say our names by then. Love how he is smellig the flowers too. Keep the posts coming so we don't miss a thing. Love you all....MOM H.

Lindsay said...

Jack is so adorable! i loved hearing him talk...so cute! hey i was wondering if i could get your address...you can email it to me at lmhjones84@hotmail.com thanks!

Camille and Luke said...

Jack's getting so big!!!
Also I wanted to let you know that I changed our blog to private, I know you read it every once and awhile from Brittany's blog. If you want to still read it email me at lucky_cookies (at) yahoo(dot) com

Kelly Munns said...

i love it! what an exceptionally smart little cookie! you must do lots of work with him. good for you, stace!